PDA

View Full Version : How to get a hunter ed #?

Elk Hunter17
04-01-2014, 08:29 PM
I'm trying to finish some draws in the states and they are asking for a hunters ed#, is there anybody I can call? Is this number on record somewhere? Thanks

Lefty-Canuck
04-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm trying to finish some draws in the states and they are asking for a hunters ed#, is there anybody I can call? Is this number on record somewhere? Thanks

When did you take Hunters Ed? When I took it in the 80's we got a card but not a number.

Certain states require you carry your hunters ed card with you when you are hunting....or you will get a ticket.

Usually they will give you time to produce though....this happened to my buddy a couple years back when he was turkey hunting.

LC

Ryry4
04-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Just tell them Alberta doesn't put numbers on the certificates. They may want you to send in a copy of your certificate. I applied in nine states without an issue.

Elk Hunter17
04-01-2014, 08:39 PM
When did you take Hunters Ed? When I took it in the 80's we got a card but not a number.

Certain states require you carry your hunters ed card with you when you are hunting....or you will get a ticket.

Usually they will give you time to produce though....this happened to my buddy a couple years back when he was turkey hunting.

LC
I got mine in the 80's as well, lost that card years ago. Now certain states will not let me continue the online draw app with a hunter number. I'm a little frustrated. Do you phone your draws in?

Elk Hunter17
04-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Just tell them Alberta doesn't put numbers on the certificates. They may want you to send in a copy of your certificate. I applied in nine states without an issue.

Do you phone in your draw app?

Lefty-Canuck
04-01-2014, 08:43 PM
I got mine in the 80's as well, lost that card years ago. Now certain states will not let me continue the online draw app with a hunter number. I'm a little frustrated. Do you phone your draws in?

I don't think there was records kept in the 80s of who completed the course, but I could be wrong. One quick and dirty way is to take the online course over to obtain the proof of completion. Unfortunately it is our responsibity to maintain records for courses we have taken.

LC

ksteed17
04-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I ended up just re doing the course online. Got my card and number and made the applications a lot easier. They have no info on past numbers.

Elk Hunter17
04-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't think there was records kept in the 80s of who completed the course, but I could be wrong. One quick and dirty way is to take the online course over to obtain the proof of completion. Unfortunately it is our responsibity to maintain records for courses we have taken.

LC

I was afraid this might be the case. Is there anyway to just challenge the test?

Elk Hunter17
04-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks for all the quick responses, this place is better then google.

Ryry4
04-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Do you phone in your draw app?

I usually use a application service. Call the state office and ask if you can send in proof of taking the course. Once you've done it once you will be good. Which states are you having issues with.

Elk Hunter17
04-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I usually use a application service. Call the state office and ask if you can send in proof of taking the course. Once you've done it once you will be good. Which states are you having issues with.

Nevada and California

Ryry4
04-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Nevada and California

Nevada will require a copy of your certificate. That's all they needed from me.