PDA

View Full Version : Tube Jigs for Perch and Whites Video

Brandonkop
04-02-2014, 08:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNkkdOmE-jI&feature=youtu.be

Well finally getting around to editing some footage from earlier in March. Here is the first short one. This ice season was quite fun, tried a lot of different lures and some new to me. Here is how it went trying to catch Jumbo Perch and Fat Whitefish using the Lip Ripperz Litl Ripperz. This lure was created to catch huge trout in california, but I thought I'd give it a shot ice fishing. Seems to work well. Sorry I don't think they are available in Canada, but there are probably other similar lures available.

Jack&7
04-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Hmmmm.....I thought whites were supposed to be soooooo picky and only like tiny baits like wire worms. I have some orange and red micro tubes that I have never used before. Should've tried them with the whites!

Brandonkop
04-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Hmmmm.....I thought whites were supposed to be soooooo picky and only like tiny baits like wire worms. I have some orange and red micro tubes that I have never used before. Should've tried them with the whites!

Yeah I find it really depends on the lake and their primary type of forage. Some of the more northern Alberta lake I find they seem to like eating small baitfish so the jigs and spoons work well for these fish. So if they're ignoring your wire worm go bigger.

dodgeboy1979
04-02-2014, 10:16 AM
ive caught alot of whites on a 1/8 jig head and minnow, also i have caught big whites at Winefred lake using the biggest 5 of diamonds i had. It depends on the bite.

Brandonkop
04-02-2014, 09:51 PM
ive caught alot of whites on a 1/8 jig head and minnow, also i have caught big whites at Winefred lake using the biggest 5 of diamonds i had. It depends on the bite.

Wow those must have been hungry whites to take the biggest 5 o diamonds you had! Yeah I've caught them on two inch sweedish pimples, slender spoons, large 3 inch jigs, whole 5 inch anchovies. Always interesting to see what they'll go after.

I'd like to try fishing Winefred sometime.