PDA

View Full Version : First post! First stop, Fairview, AB

travellingflyguy
04-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Hello everyone! Been following and searching tho forum for some time now, but finally decided to join to share info and learn among you all! A little about myself, I work for an oilfield hauling company that has me piloting loads and travelling everywhere from the US border at Coutts and I have been as far north as the NWT border(with the occasional trips to Saskatchewan and BC)!

Today my travels take me to Fairview, AB for the next 4 days!! I brought my fly rod and icefishing gear to be more practical! I probably will land around 530pm and plan on fishing the evening away! Any recommended spots I should check out over the next few days. I am strictly catch and release and would thoroughly enjoy some insight!! Thank you all, and don't be shy to link up on the lakes or riverbanks as I always fish alone so some company never hurts(exchanging fishing stories/lies haha)
Pat

58thecat
04-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Well welcome Pat, I am sure you will be entertained here and a few can help you out regarding your fishing question. Good luck!

WayneChristie
04-02-2014, 11:44 AM
welcome there are lots of good people here to give you a hand.

pickrel pat
04-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Fairview is not a good fishing area. You have the Peace river which is fairly close and a few stocked trout lakes not to far away....like stoney.

marlin4570
04-02-2014, 11:53 AM
There's not a bunch of lakes around but Cummings lake north of Fairview by the ball diamonds has perch and rainbows. Not sure of conditions of the ice but worth a try and close to town! The Peace river opened as of april 1 but not sure what about access. good luck!

travellingflyguy
04-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Hey thanks to all of you! I may check out one of these spots tonight and then work around there the next few days! Thanks for being helpful! As goes to pickerel pat's comment, I figured fairview wouldn't be the greatest, and sometimes the towns I visit only disappoint but I really keep an open and positive mind so hopefully one of these recommendations produces tonight!

drhook
04-02-2014, 12:56 PM
If you have an iPhone you could try the iFish app. It has a proximity search and some lakes/rivers has some hot spots indicated and some feedback. Works fairly well while travelling.

pickrel pat
04-02-2014, 01:01 PM
good luck. theres also figure eight lake to. forgot about that one. closer to grimshaw.

travellingflyguy
04-02-2014, 03:01 PM
If you have an iPhone you could try the iFish app. It has a proximity search and some lakes/rivers has some hot spots indicated and some feedback. Works fairly well while travelling.

Just downloaded that bad boy so hopefully I can contribute much from my travels as well!

good luck. theres also figure eight lake to. forgot about that one. closer to grimshaw.

Awesome I will check em all out then! Thanks a tonne my man!