PDA

View Full Version : Free coyote bait !!!

openfire
04-05-2014, 10:57 AM
As the snow melts I am finding more and more of my neighbours cat poop in my back yard.
All you trappers are welcome to set up and take away all the cats you want, I think there are like 6 that come through.

All serious though, why are cats aloud to roam around the neighbourhood, ****ing and craping where ever they like?
If a dog did that people would be outraged and the owner would be called irresponsible.

-O.F.

krthegunslinger
04-05-2014, 11:25 AM
There is by laws for cats running at large as well but pretty hard to enforce. Live trap and relocate is the best LEGAL route. Personally the high powered .177 fixes that problem.

winmag
04-05-2014, 11:51 AM
gotta love it when gardening... the spraying is nasty too by toms so a guaranteed fix but not lethal or to save a trip to the pound is to get a Havahart live trap with two doors {for the smart or cautious ones} wait till it gets warm for the next step after the capture take the garden hose to the cat for two nights and roll the cage around a couple of times too, the third night when you approach the trap his eyeballs will be like saucers then let him go he will avoid the bad mans place like the plague :), if you just catch and release you will never catch that cat again if he comes back .Or use a d cell low impedance fencer the kind for horses , we had page wire around our garden and wood posts, the wife double wired and insulated the posts at the back at the alley side and she would watch for cats when they came into the garden and sneak out and clicked the fencer on and flushed the cat to the back you would hear at least one scream sometimes two and the cat fleeing down the alley with a tail the size of a baseball bat... they never came back:sHa_shakeshout:

roper1
04-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Cats making a mess of my brother's garden in town. Solution: lend him my high-power slingshot & bag of marbles. Cat strolling along top of the wood fence between their yards. Bro ups w the slingshot, misses the cat & puts it right through the neighbors kitchen window. Told the neighbor he was trying to scare away a magpie. The slingshot/marble combo good non-lethal deterrent. Note. Some practice & secure line of flight recommended. Lol

3blade
04-05-2014, 01:19 PM
...Or use a d cell low impedance fencer the kind for horses , we had page wire around our garden and wood posts, the wife double wired and insulated the posts at the back at the alley side and she would watch for cats when they came into the garden and sneak out and clicked the fencer on and flushed the cat to the back you would hear at least one scream sometimes two and the cat fleeing down the alley with a tail the size of a baseball bat... they never came back:sHa_shakeshout:

ROFL... I got to "double wired and insulated" and nearly fell outta my chair laughing, knew exactly what that looks like.

When my grandpa was young, his family moved to bonnyville. Their new neighbor told em "I hope you like cats cause they howl all night here" . Great grandpa replied "oh, that's ok, I got a couple boys who will solve that". There was a common practice at the time involving turpentine...the rest ain't for public posting, but most of them cats kept on runnin straight through the eastern fence of Saskatchewan.

expmler
04-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Set out a big bowl of sardines mixed with castor oil. Cat goes home and unloads all over the owners house. Keep refilling the bowl, you'll know when they get rid of the cat.

LKILR
04-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Paint ball gun works well

deercamp
04-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Permanent solutions include a high powered pellet gun and antifreeze...

RagingPenguin
04-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Nothing drives me more insane than people allowing their cats to roam. Had one that frequented my back yard. I played nice for about a week. Then I cut the dogs loose one afternoon (They have no interest in harming the cat) however on the cats end, it saw just shy of 200LBs thundering down on it. It shot out of my yard as fast as it could run. Haven't seen it since. I have a cat and am pretty adamant about keeping it in my yard. If its outside its on a leash!

Smokinyotes
04-05-2014, 10:49 PM
I remember back in the early '70's. I wasn't very old but I remember the neighbors dog always coming to my grand parents place. One day my grandpa caught the dog and took a wire brush to the dogs a** and then poured turpentine on it. The dog never did come back.