PDA

View Full Version : Shooting clays on crown land ?

snowman93
04-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Picked up a new shotgun and looking to shoot a few clays , tried joining the local club and there having some management issues and not accepting new members until new president is in place . My question is can I shoot a few clays out on crown land , until the range gets figured out ? I know rabbit season is open but not looking to step on any toes or draw any negativity. Thanks

Icouldeatababydeer
04-05-2014, 04:50 PM
As far as I know yes, the pigeons are clay so they will decompose. I would just make sure to pick up spent shells..

pointer
04-05-2014, 06:01 PM
As far as I know yes, the pigeons are clay so they will decompose. I would just make sure to pick up spent shells..

X2 on the empty hull clean up

NSDucknut
04-05-2014, 06:53 PM
You'll be fine. But clean up.

Out for a walk in my deer haunt today to put up some cameras. . Picked up 2 empty clay boxes. 100+ hulls. 2 beer cans. Set of ear plugs. All just in the ditch along the road.. footprints walked from the road to throw the boxes into the trees rather than take them with.

Most folks would rather not see garbage left behind

snowman93
04-05-2014, 07:56 PM
agree 100% on the clean up, been down to many roads around here seeing hundreds of hulls and empty clay boxes.

pointer
04-05-2014, 08:45 PM
agree 100% on the clean up, been down to many roads around here seeing hundreds of hulls and empty clay boxes.

When I lived in fort mcmurray from 2005-2009 I used to enjoy driving down tower road to shoot ruffies and clays it was clean back then.I was in there 2 years ago and it was awful never seen a place so dirty I'm willing to bet theirs a million empty shells of every cal and gauge scattered all over :angry3:

ward
04-06-2014, 07:30 AM

Actually petroleum pitch and can last a while.

elkhunter11
04-06-2014, 08:56 AM

Even the so called biodegradable targets can take years to decompose.

http://www.whiteflyer.com/targetbio.html

From that link

All White Flyer Bio Targets will biodegrade at least 95% within two years, depending on rainfall or contact with moisture into elements found in nature.