PDA

View Full Version : Sheep and sheep hunting

heretohunt
04-06-2014, 08:51 AM
I am looking for a copy of jack O'Connors book titled "sheep and sheep hunting"
I would like a bit of a review of his book if anyone cares to, and suggestions of where to find it. Is it worth buying and reading?

bdub
04-06-2014, 09:16 AM
I am looking for a copy of jack O'Connors book titled "sheep and sheep hunting"
I would like a bit of a review of his book if anyone cares to, and suggestions of where to find it. Is it worth buying and reading?

It's a great book, I used to get it out of the library every couple years and read it again. I wish I had it in my library and I should probably pick up a copy. First editions are getting to be pretty expensive the last time I looked but you can find cheaper editions on ebay.

Hagar
04-06-2014, 09:20 AM
I have a copy of this book and I found it to be a great book. It is a mix of observations and experience with great stories of sheep hunts he has had. It is a book that I have, and will, read over and over.

I found my copy through Amazon.com and it does show up on Ebay from time to time. I got mine for $100. but have seen it go for much more so I would advise you to shop around and not buy the first one you find. IMO it is a great book for anyone interested in sheep and sheep hunting.

P.S. some libraries have this book as well.

bdub
04-06-2014, 09:24 AM
I have a copy of this book and I found it to be a great book. It is a mix of observations and experience with great stories of sheep hunts he has had. It is a book that I have, and will, read over and over.

I found my copy through Amazon.com and it does show up on Ebay from time to time. I got mine for $100. but have seen it go for much more so I would advise you to shop around and not buy the first one you find. IMO it is a great book for anyone interested in sheep and sheep hunting.

P.S. some libraries have this book as well.

Just looked on Abe Books at a first edition with dust jacket in fine condition and they are getting really expensive. 475$ US. Ouch!!!

heretohunt
04-06-2014, 09:41 AM
I find it a little crazy that the price of a copy of his paperback is selling for more than his monthly salary at the time!:sign0161:

cowmanbob
04-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Its well worth owning. I've read mine many times over.

t.tinsmith
05-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Still the best, in my opinion.Before the trophy phase of this hunting had taken over.He hunted sheep because he loved the wild places.Still, the reference book.

Roughneck Country
05-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Its well worth owning. I've read mine many times over.

X2 One of the classics

Grizzly Adams
05-08-2014, 05:32 PM
I guess there was an autographed copy at the Calgary gun show. buddy of mine would have liked it dearly, but 300. was too steep. :D Check out the Amazon prices for used copies and you'll choke as well. Wife scored me Lost classics for 3. at a yard sale. :lol:

Grizz

silver lab
05-08-2014, 05:33 PM
How much is the book worth? I have a hard copy and Iam taking bids. Lol Its a really good book, kinda funny how he talks.

Grizzly Adams
05-08-2014, 07:41 PM
How much is the book worth? I have a hard copy and Iam taking bids. Lol Its a really good book, kinda funny how he talks.

Dresses funny, for a Hunter, as well. :lol:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1230/4210318/19766492/409384700.jpg

Grizz