PDA

View Full Version : is he a right or lefty?

lake side
04-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm just sitting here watch a certain hunting show and the "host" shoulders his gun right handed but looks thru the scope with his left eye:confused:

Have you seen anyone else do this?

I thought I was strange shooting left handed with a right handed bolt.

LS.

Edit****apparently the guy damaged his right eye years ago and had to modify his technique. You would think it would be easier to switch to shoot left handed but what the heck do I know.

north american hunter
04-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah, Brice folden, I was wondering this a couple months ago.

Ryry4
04-07-2014, 09:50 PM
I've got an uncle that shoots that way. I've also got a other uncle that is left eye dominant and he taught himself to shoot left-handed.

pointer
04-07-2014, 10:11 PM
My ol lady shoots that way I can't wait for her to get scope bite :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Lr1000
04-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Prolly left eye dominant but could also be fixed by closing ur left eye while shooting.

Dick284
04-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Painful to watch ain't it.

Smokinyotes
04-08-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm not sure if he is a righty or a lefty or maybe he just swings both ways.

bosshog
04-09-2014, 10:42 AM
He may just be set in his ways and not want to switch over. One of the guys I hunt with, always thoguht he was a lefty but he jsut taught himself to shoot left as that was his dominant eye. I cant remeber what site it is, but I saw a stock maker who makes a "cross eye dominant" stock. Didnt have any pics but i wondered what that would look like.

Foxton Gundogs
04-09-2014, 11:31 AM
I've got an uncle that shoots that way. I've also got a other uncle that is left eye dominant and he taught himself to shoot left-handed.

Years ago I broke my right collar bone playing football I taught myself to shoot lefty for that waterfowl season. It wasn't to hard to pick up, I actually killed a few birds that year. But the thing I couldn't master was working the slide on my M12 so I went to a double gun for that season.

Smokinyotes
04-09-2014, 01:51 PM
I am totally left handed left eye dominate. Can't even hold a rifle right handed. I know quite a few guys that can shoot either way, but at least when they are shooting either way they are using the proper eye. It is almost embarrassing to watch the commercial where he is holding left handed but using his right eye.

roger
04-09-2014, 02:24 PM
learning to shoot left and right instantly makes sitting on the edge of a cutline without a ground blind seem doubly productive.
especially when an animal could come out in either side of you and so close that any big change would certainly be seen or heard.
if you sitting on a cutline prepared to shoot 'hardside' then certainly the critter will showup on the correct handed 'easyside'.
This test is now part of the annual drayton valley rifle shoot in which one of the sessions involves shooting backwards to whatever you shoot normally.

Mb-MBR
04-09-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm glad someone else noted this as I was curious as well. My question is it shouldn't matter what his dominant eye is if he shoots with both eyes open, yes/no????

Only thing I figured was he might have a glass eye. But if he did why didn't he just switch???

catnthehat
04-09-2014, 03:15 PM
I know a few people that shoot that way ( no right eye) far more when shooting with open sights than with a scope.
using the scope one could close the off eye with no issues.
However, shooting with irons it can be difficult to shoot really accuratelly when using either one or both eyesopen of nt using your dominant eye.
Cat

flyguyd
04-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I used to shoot like that. Left handed but right eye dominant. Dad changed me over when i was a kid. Don't remember how do even do it the old way anymore.... lol