PDA

View Full Version : Cold lake open water

Paule
04-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I've only been to Cold lake for hardwater. Have had very good luck in the past and we're planning an early ice off trip this spring in the boat. For all you locals, what is the normal timeline that ice is off up there. What has been the latest start weekend in the last 10 years? Just trying to somewhat plan ahead. Thanks in advance.

cube
04-08-2014, 10:50 PM
I've only been to Cold lake for hardwater. Have had very good luck in the past and we're planning an early ice off trip this spring in the boat. For all you locals, what is the normal timeline that ice is off up there. What has been the latest start weekend in the last 10 years? Just trying to somewhat plan ahead. Thanks in advance.

Some Other member posted this a couple of years back and should answer your questions. Last couple of years the ice has come off a few days before the May long.

GrillBoss
04-09-2014, 03:05 PM
In the last 10 years or so I have been fishing Cold Lake I recall two May long weekends where there was still some ice floating around on the lake on the Friday or Saturday. Both times I was able to get out on Saturday.

22restorer
04-09-2014, 09:03 PM
after being here 20 plus yrs you should be good for may long weekend.

splake0
04-10-2014, 08:29 PM
May long weekend, paul