PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Cat

the11fisherman
04-11-2014, 02:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnEJ4DljsnY#aid=P87JcWiOzBg

This cat of mine is now my official hunting partner. I took her out with me to the coulees. She is good in the fact that she will always stay within sight distance of me, but I don't have to have her on a leash or watch her, because when I stand up to walk away, she comes running to me. While I was sitting there waiting for a bush bunny or Jackrabbit to come running by, she came up behind me with a Bush Bunny! OK, so it wasn't full grown yet, but still, she caught a rabbit! I couldn't believe it! Next time I take her out and she does this, I will have to take some picks and post em up here. I took the prime ribs off of the rabbit and boy were they good!:sHa_shakeshout:
This video is just of her being playful. A few years ago I would have never believed that you could train a cat. Hey, generally they are no smarter than a couch. But once I noticed that she was smart, I tried to train her, and it worked. I love it!

pickrel pat
04-11-2014, 05:08 PM
If I hadn't watched the video I would never of believed you!!:sHa_sarcasticlol: lol.

diamonddave
04-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Pretty sure your outdoorsman card is about to be revoked.....

the11fisherman
04-11-2014, 06:05 PM
If I hadn't watched the video I would never of believed you!!:sHa_sarcasticlol: lol.

That is what I mean. Like, before she ever showed up on my doorstep I thought that all domesticated cats were the dumbest animals on the planet. I thought only wild cats had any brains. Who knows maybe this Siamese crossed with a bobcat lol. Insane animal, kinda worry about what is going on in her head some days.

the11fisherman
04-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Pretty sure your outdoorsman card is about to be revoked.....

Exactly what I would have said a year ago to any other bloke that I would have seen hunting with a cat. But now I see it, and knowing what my hunting and fishing records are like, I may be a believer now. Don't worry, I have a cat scan coming up soon to look at my fishing and hunting lobe of my brain.:medium-smiley-035:
Until the doctors say there is damage, she will be my hunting buddy.:sHa_shakeshout:

the11fisherman
04-11-2014, 06:16 PM
No pun intended

North of Owlseye
04-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Definitely not something you see everyday.

the11fisherman
04-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Whenever I'm out I have to keep my gun ready for coyotes though. She probably looks like a nice snack to them. Especially when her fat to muscle ratio is through the roof from me feeding her a little too much :sign0007: I need to take her out again soon to get her some exercise. Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed it.:character0175:

Matt L.
04-11-2014, 09:20 PM
The Siamese is a very intelligent breed. I'm probably the only one here who isn't surprised.

the11fisherman
04-11-2014, 10:55 PM
The Siamese is a very intelligent breed. I'm probably the only one here who isn't surprised.

I just did a bunch of reading on Siamese and as you say, they are amazingly smart! Even though I owned one for a while, I didn't know what it is capable of. Now there are a lot more tricks that I will have to try out on it. Can't wait for when she wakes up!