PDA

View Full Version : Bass Lakes

The Reel Deal
04-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Anyone know of any bass lakes in BC that are open? Thinkin about a trip out on Friday.

The Fisherman Guy
04-14-2014, 09:51 PM
Windermere is ice free. Tie lake should be getting close, worth a call to Jaffray sports to see if the ice is off.

trouty
04-15-2014, 06:28 AM
Duck lake by creston has been ice free for a couple months, will be there on the weekend.

EZM
04-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Duck lake by creston has been ice free for a couple months, will be there on the weekend.

I didn't know Duck froze over .... I know Kootenay, which is connected, does not freeze over ..... cool.

Brandonkop
04-15-2014, 10:04 PM
If there's nothing in BC, down in California when we were launching the boat to go water-skiing today there was a guy who caught a nice largemouth bass off the shore. Lake wide open, no ice, 85 degrees F :sHa_shakeshout:

BootScoot
04-16-2014, 11:01 AM
If there's nothing in BC, down in California when we were launching the boat to go water-skiing today there was a guy who caught a nice largemouth bass off the shore. Lake wide open, no ice, 85 degrees F :sHa_shakeshout:

You shut your mouth when you're talkin to me! Haha

plinker
04-16-2014, 04:45 PM

Geez I think ol Brandonkop is looking to get lynched. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

We have interesting weather here that is designed for the hardy type fisherman. Not you Californi I Eh guys. lol

trouty
04-16-2014, 09:26 PM
I didn't know Duck froze over .... I know Kootenay, which is connected, does not freeze over ..... cool.

It's quite shallow 4-12 feet. Apparently ice fishing is great. Will be hitting up the big lake too, still trying to figure it out.

The Reel Deal
04-16-2014, 10:29 PM
I'll hitting up Windermere on Saturday. Can't wait

Brandonkop
04-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Geez I think ol Brandonkop is looking to get lynched. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

We have interesting weather here that is designed for the hardy type fisherman. Not you Californi I Eh guys. lol

You shut your mouth when you're talkin to me! Haha

Sorry guys, I heard it is snowing again. I told my wife I think this is the winter that never ends. She replied, "That's what they say every year". She's from Leduc... guess I wont be over wintering in Alberta ever again.

Red Bullets
04-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Sorry guys, I heard it is snowing again. I told my wife I think this is the winter that never ends. She replied, "That's what they say every year". She's from Leduc... guess I wont be over wintering in Alberta ever again.

It may be snowing but at least we don't have to wonder if the trembling is the ground cracking or early onset parkinsons. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

All kidding aside.. is there any surf fishing this time of year around them parts?

The Reel Deal
04-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Got out to wss. Picked up a few new lures. X pop, x prop, spit n image, and J7. Packed some classics: husky jerk, x rap, bomber long a, spinner and buzz baits, plastic worms and lizards, jitter bug,

I still feel like I'm missing somthing:thinking-006:

J D
04-18-2014, 09:25 AM
This early in the season I would stick to slow presentations. Soft plastics and scent worked slow would be my choice

Bass are really lethargic till the water warms up. Largemouth even more so than smallmouth.

Personally I like to wait till mid May because I find early season slow fishing

Brandonkop
04-20-2014, 08:37 AM
It may be snowing but at least we don't have to wonder if the trembling is the ground cracking or early onset parkinsons. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

All kidding aside.. is there any surf fishing this time of year around them parts?

The small earthquakes are entertaining. I haven't been through an earth shattering one yet though.

Yes there is Surf Fishing in Southern California. I've seen guys fishing all over. Huntinton, Newport, Laguna are the closest beaches. I think there is better fishing up a little north though in Santa Barbara and Malibu. You need a license to fish off the beach but if you're on one of the public piers you don't need a license. Guys catch California halibut, croakers, perch and other species from the shore... but these are the main ones.

The Reel Deal
04-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Great trip!
I got the only bass yesterday but a decent 3 pounder, and the rest of the crew managed 2 dollies and a bunch of NPM's. Little on the early side for bass action, but glad I finally got out to BC for a fishing trip.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/thereeldeal1/Mobile%20Uploads/79A8D053-0BE4-4F70-9D84-00769B69A967_zpsfe1kfdkh.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/thereeldeal1/Mobile%20Uploads/B2C78045-4C68-4920-BD23-109E23FDC144_zps40rg9ynf.jpg

Brandonkop
04-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Nice bass... what did you get him on. I really should spend more time bass fishing.

The Reel Deal
04-20-2014, 01:19 PM
White x rap caught all my fish. Natural shad rap and rainbow original floater was productive too