PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Fishing

hulksmash
04-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Hey all!

Quick question here and it might be answered sorry in advance...

Where is the best salmon and trout fishing? I assume Salmon is only in BC but where is the closest spots to Edmonton?

Much appreciated

Thank you

Jamie
04-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Hulk, in my opinion, some of the best Salmon fishing is up around Prince Rupert.
It's also the most accessible for you.

But "Best" is hard to define.
Depends on what you are looking for.
So many different things to look at.

Do you want to chance it and go self guided?
What is the Budget?
Are you happy fishing in tin cans or want the chance to fish with top of the line boats with top of the line guides?
What does your accommodation needs look like?

I have had the pleasure of fishing most every worthwhile spot on the west coast.
From Rivers Inlett all the way to Sitka Alaska. It took 15 years, but I hit them all.
I have seen everything from white glove service to fishing out of tin cans. "Best" is a wide ranging word.

To combine up a ocean trip with a fresh water set up I doubt you can do better than the Rupert area.

You will have the chance to literally fish some legendary rives such as the Skeena and Nass river systems. Then top it off with fishing the best ocean water on the coast.

You can easily drive it. No stupid ferrys to mess with or getting on flights and having to rent a car and drive for 2 hours.

Make it simple. Go fishing in Rupert and along the way.
Directions are easy, get on the Yellowhead, head west, stop when your tires get wet. We will pick you up right there.

As for the fresh water, it's easy to arrange for you.

Take care and come fishing this year.

Jamie.

crazyfish
04-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Salmon is wherever on the west coast you decide to go ! Right time , right place can be amazing !

As for trout ...... There are some nice streams west and south , anything along the foothills has some good trout ! Macleod river near Edson , athabasca near white court , lots of trout streams west of there , freeman , smokey , little smokey. Best bet is to find a map and start exploring , that's half the fun if you ask me ! Enjoy !

And some say to head south , bow, crownest, old man rivers are all very good as well to mention a few !

hulksmash
04-16-2014, 04:00 PM
AWESOME!

Thanks so much for the replies and info guys!

Not sure on budget etc yet but my GF has always wanted to go Salmon fishing and asked me.

I am going out this weekend to the River Valley. Anyone know of some good spots and good ideas to catch a few? What species are in the Sask river?

I am from Manitoba so this is my first time fishing in Alberta sorry.

Excited to see what is all out here

Sundreroper
04-16-2014, 04:41 PM
Hey there new Albertan, best book i can suggest is in most fishing stores, its title is Albertas Trout Highways" great read and lots o great info. Good Luck

Ken07AOVette
04-16-2014, 04:42 PM
There is an AO trip happening June 18-21 at the Great Pacific Salmon Lodge, with great deals and incentives, we still have room for 2. You also have a 1 in 11 or in your case 2 in 11 chance of winning a free trip!

Deep
04-16-2014, 04:47 PM
I have had many great times with Cal at "Spencers Sportfishing" out of Sooke. I even had a halibut trip in 2013. You won't be dissatisfied. Deep