PDA

View Full Version : gosling lake

jman
10-24-2008, 08:13 AM
I am thinking of heading up to gosling lake (N of Rocky) this weekend and was hoping that someone could help me out with directions. In Barry M's it says that there seismic lines coming off of Medicine Lake Road but on google maps it looks like there is a road that heads up along the west side, which would bring us a lot closer to the lake. How do other people get on this lake? Is the fishing any good there?
Thanks!

Brian
10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
The "road" to Gosling Lake isn't hard to find......so long as you're not looking for a real road. Actually, the turnoff is just a few hundred feet or so east of the turnoff that goes south to Medicine Lake. That is, it's the east / west road that you use to get to Medicine Lake. The road isn't really east to west as it is quite winding in places depending on which way you come from. Regardless, where the turnoff is just north of Medicine Lake, you go just a very small distance east (almost straight across) & go north. It's more of a trail than a road & it gets pretty muddy when it rains, but Gosling is just a few miles up that route. Unless it's changed, the lake is right at the end of the road. The road takes you to the souteast corner of the lake & a ways up the east side. So far as I know there are perch (lots of them) in the lake, and pike were introduced several years ago from Medicine Lake. It's been some time since I've been there. I would like to hear how you make out if you go. Best to check the regulations as usually when pike are introduced into a lake, there are significant restrictions on keeping any for the first few years.........either that or a very large size restriction. I haven't checked.

Good Luck & let us know how you make out!

jman
10-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the reply Brian.
It turns out that there is a newer looking road up to gosling from the Medicine Lake Rd right near the creek. It's pretty smooth until you get close to the lake and have to turn off to get to the "launch", but all in all it was pretty easy to get to.
As for the fishing, spent all morning there and had no luck. We fished for both pike and perch and even had an underwater camera out but didn't see a thing the whole time. But all in all it's always fun to try out some new waters.