PDA

View Full Version : New to hunting

slievers
04-17-2014, 02:53 PM
I have been lurking on the forum for a bit but I thought it was time to say hi. This will be my first year hunting and I can't wait to get out there.

Scott N
04-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Good luck and enjoy your first hunting season.

gz1423
04-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Same here this is going to be my first year of hunting to.
Good luck :)

Fishingaddict
04-17-2014, 03:38 PM
I have been lurking on the forum for a bit but I thought it was time to say hi. This will be my first year hunting and I can't wait to get out there.
welcome to the forum i am hunting for my first year as well

Rather Be Hunting
04-17-2014, 03:42 PM
Nice to see so many first time hunters out there!
Best of luck, and have a great year.:)
RBH

slievers
04-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Same here this is going to be my first year of hunting to.
Good luck :)

Good luck to you as well. What are you trying for this year?

slievers
04-17-2014, 04:32 PM
welcome to the forum i am hunting for my first year as well

Good luck. What are you going for?

gz1423
04-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks I will hunt for ruffed grouse and small game and hopefully a white tail deer.

bergman
04-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Maybe you were thinking about it already, but if you are thinking of getting into big game (you mentioned deer) I would suggest applying for some draws this year and every year with the 999 code.

That way if you ever want to try for a mule or moose draw, or whatever animals down the road someday, then you will have some priority built up. And it costs less than $3 a year to apply.

slievers
04-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Maybe you were thinking about it already, but if you are thinking of getting into big game (you mentioned deer) I would suggest applying for some draws this year and every year with the 999 code.

That way if you ever want to try for a mule or moose draw, or whatever animals down the road someday, then you will have some priority built up. And it costs less than $3 a year to apply.

That is something I will definitely start doing.

Dunezilla
04-18-2014, 08:55 AM
For you new hunters I would suggest you get out into the wild as often as you can & find some areas that you might want to hunt & scout those areas. Get a couple of Trail cameras & stick them up. As you are scouting put your patience too work as well.

densa44
04-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Zilla is right. Look for places to hunt and see if you can get permission if needed. There will be a great waterfowl season this year and you can do some scouting, practice calling, making decoys (that is how it used to be done, people here will tell you how) and best of all practicing wing shooting.

If it is ducks you are interested in, you are in the right place, you have time to train you dog.

Fishingaddict
04-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Good luck. What are you going for?
I'm getting a whitetail and 999ing a moose elk antelope and a sheep and putting in a draw for a mule deer. Would love to get my first ever buck this year
What are your plans for this season.
This is my first year in the hunting forum but have been on the fishing forum for a couple years.
Cheers FA

Fishingaddict
04-18-2014, 11:55 AM
For you new hunters I would suggest you get out into the wild as often as you can & find some areas that you might want to hunt & scout those areas. Get a couple of Trail cameras & stick them up. As you are scouting put your patience too work as well.
We already have permission for some land down south just in case we get drawn for a mule deer we have been scouting the land with trail cams for the past year also have a place picked out and scouted where we have got deer in the past so hopefully we will have a good year. Good luck to you all and safe hunting