PDA

View Full Version : filming hunts, which camera?

coyotekiller
04-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Which is the best one or best brand to go with? I'm thinking of going with gopro

fordtruckin
04-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Personally I like the Contour style cameras. I didn't like the unicorn look with the Go pro. http://contour.com/

coyotekiller
04-17-2014, 10:22 PM
those don't look like to bad of a camera, the price is pretty good on them

pikeslayer22
04-18-2014, 07:03 AM
With a go pro your range is very limited...20 yds looks like 100 once recorded

trapshooter
04-18-2014, 07:30 AM
The anwser neither of them, the gopro and contour are great POV or second angle cams but will be the worst footage ever if you want to use them as your main camera. You need something like a sony fx7 or sr12.

bearbait
04-18-2014, 12:51 PM
If its a small camera don't expect the best footage. I use the drift cams as a second angle for the b roll stuff like drawing your bow at the shot. my main cam is a sony NX70U high definition camera. we are filming a show to air in January 2015 though and this camera takes great footage! there not cheap but you really get what you pay for!

The drift, go pro and conture cameras are great for in close stuff but if its 40 yards out unless you zoom you wont see it. there not great at low light either.
I like the drift due to its ease of operation, remote on and off and a smart phone app that lets you control the camera. I run 2 of them and have had no issues at all. full hd footage and if you run the camera sideways you can spin the lens so its right side up. retail is 350 ish!
Rob

CountryLife94
04-18-2014, 08:20 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=201561

Popcan
04-18-2014, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=CountryLife94;2409002]

:)

Running Bear
04-18-2014, 09:48 PM
If its a small camera don't expect the best footage. I use the drift cams as a second angle for the b roll stuff like drawing your bow at the shot. my main cam is a sony NX70U high definition camera. we are filming a show to air in January 2015 though and this camera takes great footage! there not cheap but you really get what you pay for!

The drift, go pro and conture cameras are great for in close stuff but if its 40 yards out unless you zoom you wont see it. there not great at low light either.
I like the drift due to its ease of operation, remote on and off and a smart phone app that lets you control the camera. I run 2 of them and have had no issues at all. full hd footage and if you run the camera sideways you can spin the lens so its right side up. retail is 350 ish!
Rob

If someone is looking for a like new Sony NX5U I just listed one in buy/sell section. Very good camera and I think the price is right.

Sledhead71
04-19-2014, 09:18 AM
If someone is looking for a like new Sony NX5U I just listed one in buy/sell section. Very good camera and I think the price is right.

The NX5U is used widely in the outdoor industry, our crew runs these and this camera is more than enough for most.. Looked at your price, GOOD deal for someone stepping up :)