PDA

View Full Version : Little Smokey River

FisherPotch
10-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has fished the little smokey recently. I've been debating if I should make another trip to try to get one on the fly rod. Any one ever fished there this late in October before? Anyone know what the road is like?

Tcon
10-24-2008, 03:26 PM
With the little rain we have been getting, I would imagine the road would be fine. The grays should be hanging out in the larger deeper over wintering pools.

Rene

FisherPotch
10-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Thats what I like to hear. Anyone been lately?

dodger
10-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Last time out there for me was 38 years ago :eek:. The fishing report would be " fishing great and having tons of fun " When I saw the title of your post it just brought back some great memories, we had a family reunion / fishing derby every year there when we were kids.
Feeling old, Dodger.

FisherPotch
10-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Those are cherishable memories Dodger. Wish I had more LSR memories to share. I've only been to the LSR once but I won't soon forget it.

here's the link to that memory. Photos at end.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=19146&highlight=Grayling

Anyone been there lately? Anyone fish there this late in October B4?

dodger
10-24-2008, 09:39 PM
That was a good read, thanks. It reminded me that we used the old nail as a weight and a Royal Coachman with a couple of maggots for our fishing back then. I remember catching Trout, Whites, Walleys, and 1 or 2 Grayling. It sure is funny how a flashback like this kicks in?? With both of my mom and dad gone plus the uncles and aunts that have passed on this really brought back some great memories. This sure shows how spending time with the family in the outdoors brings on life long memories.:):)
Dodger.

FisherPotch
10-24-2008, 11:00 PM
I think u have an excuse to go fishing on the LSR dodger!! Good memories are best enjoyed where they took place.

fishman
10-24-2008, 11:42 PM
My neighbor works out there and by the looks of is dirty vehicle i am not to sure about the road.........not what you want to hear and also i find that this time of the year if you get some sun and usually in mid afternoon they bite good on flys on lures i have no idea............hope this helps