PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Import Trophies to Canada

Beached Whale
04-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Does anybody know of or can anybody recommend a customs agent or broker in Calgary or anywhere in Alberta really that can import trophies from other countries? I just returned from Argentina and have a few skulls to get home. I have never imported anything before, and the outfitter has never had a Canadian client before and usually just ships to one of several clearing houses located throughout the states for his clients who are primarily Americans.

Much appreciated

droptine123
04-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Dale at Talon Distributors in Edmonton 17804618750. He imports and exports from all over the world.

Torkdiesel
04-21-2014, 04:05 PM
X2 ^^^^^^^^

colour86
04-21-2014, 04:22 PM
yep, Dale is the guy to call.
I work at Talon and we are here for another hour or so if you wanted to call today, otherwise 9-5 all week :) Be glad to answer any questions.

calgarychef
04-21-2014, 05:09 PM
If they aren't cities listed species. Get them shipped to you, go to the shipping company when they get in and get the packing slip. Go to customs with the slip and say " I want to clear these items what do I have to do." They'll say sign here, and pay this..... Then take the paperwork that they've filled out and bring it back to the shipping company and pick up your stuff. It's pretty easy to do yourself. It's best if you have a certified taxidermist pack the animals on the other side and have him certify that they have been properly treated, sometimes it's as easy as putting mothballs into the box and sealing it tight.

ABLT7
04-21-2014, 05:59 PM
My experience is the same as calgarychef. I just picked up the paper work from Cargolux, went to the customs office on the other side of the airport, paid $ and then went back to pick up the shipment. The government vet and other inspection people had already been there when it was offloaded.
It is simple to do, assuming there are no hiccups with the inspections.

Torkdiesel
04-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Or just pay the $400 and save yourself two trips to the airport and dealing with people that aren't sure if that's the way it is supposed to be done or not. Then maybe on your third or fourth somebody will get lucky and get it right. Maybe

Beached Whale
04-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks all for your advice. I will give Talon distributors a call tommorow.

calgarychef
04-21-2014, 08:23 PM
I can assure you the guys at customs know how it's done, they won't mess you around and I know how easy it is because I've done it. 400 bucks savings for half an hour of your own time is pretty good savings. It's one trip to the airport, then you drive half a mile down the road to customs and right back to pick up your stuff. If your guys on the other end ship stuff to the states it's just as easy to ship to Canada.