PDA

View Full Version : Kuiu rain gear question

saskwhitey
04-21-2014, 07:59 PM
For all the Kuiu fans out there, I would like some advise on the rain gear. Would you buy the Yukon jacket and pants over the Chugach? Anyone with experience with both, any advise would be great. Thanks.

Elk Hunter17
04-21-2014, 08:09 PM
I only have the chugach so I can't tell you which are better but I really like the chugach. Wore them in the Yukon just about everyday and they held up well

pchunter
04-21-2014, 08:19 PM
how quiet are they for bow hunting, I have been looking at them but it's hard to tell what the fabric will be like from looking at them on the net. Is the fabric more like the Sitka gear or is it more like a rain suede. Sorry not trying ti highjack the thread but I am also interested.

ksteed17
04-21-2014, 08:24 PM
My next set will be the Yukon just because they're a bit more resilient than the chugach. I love my chugach set but for the price difference and minimal weight gain I think the yukons are the better choice.

pdfish
04-21-2014, 08:36 PM
I've got the Yukon line, it's held up good so far (only 11 days). It's quieter (and thicker) than the chugach but I don't know if I'd choose it for day-to-day bow hunting clothes. It's still quite a bit noisier than some of the other rain gear on the market. That being said, when used for it's intended purpose, it's incredible.

BuckHunterBowen
04-22-2014, 06:32 AM
Not to steer you away but take a look at kryptek. Pretty great...anyone I have worked with that has had both, preferred kryptek