PDA

View Full Version : Fish Finder Help

THERICARDO
04-22-2014, 02:00 PM
i have been trying to buy one for almost 6 months and get beyond frustrated when trying to buy one... I have NEVER used one so have no idea wtf i am even looking at on any of the screens and everytime I have asked a salesperson they know little to not much more than me... Have no issue catching fish on water I know but would be major help learningn structure and locating fish on waters I have never fished or have little knowledge of...

Wondering if anyone has or knows a salesman that has good understanding of them and can guide me in that direction... Or anyone that would be willing to explain what I should be looking for in a unit... I have read lots of your posts about comparing units but get confused as hell trying to understand what you all are speaking of..

thanks in advance

EZM
04-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Where do you live ..... I don't mind going thru the features with you at a retailer's location. I am pretty familiar with both Lowrance and Humminbird units, which are the two best ones out there.

You are 100% right ..... I have never met a salesperson with any decent level of knowledge and find that the "big box" locations tend to "make up fairy tales" when I hear them talking to people about the features the units actually do or do not have.

It can be pretty frustrating if sonars are new to you.

Walleyedude
04-22-2014, 03:07 PM
If you're in Calgary, go to The Fishin Hole and talk to Kelly or Terry. They know sonar units as well or better than anyone and they'll definitely point you in the right direction.

EZM
04-22-2014, 03:10 PM
I recommend the Fishin' Hole here as well ( Southside Location on 91st ) in Edmonton - if you are up here.

Anyone but the hippie can help you out as well.

Stay away from the other two big box stores although there are a few select people who know enough but you never know who you are going to get when you walk up to the counter.

THERICARDO
04-22-2014, 03:27 PM
I live on South side and work 2 mins from fishin hole, hippie was one I asked for hekp when went in unfortunately.... if you have a chance next week let em know and would love to see whats up...

I will Pm you my cell #, thanks again