PDA

View Full Version : Fort Myers, Florida.

trigger7mm
04-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Heading down to Fort Myers, Florida for a week in July. Has anybody ever fished there before, and what is it like there? Thanks, have a great weekend.

RavYak
04-26-2014, 05:03 PM
I was there for 10 weeks fishing out of a kayak this winter. My thread with pictures etc is here, there are lots of big pictures so takes a while to load though.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=190786

binnzer32
04-26-2014, 05:25 PM
Heading down to Fort Myers, Florida for a week in July. Has anybody ever fished there before, and what is it like there? Thanks, have a great weekend.

Many many times. .. tarpon and shark are very plentiful at that time of year. . Are you asking about shore fishing? Boat fishing? Or being guided. .

trigger7mm
04-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Thinking of going out for a day with a guide (Tenacity Guide Service), then fishing on my own for there on. I'm a bit concerned about the heat at that time of year. Early July. Thanks for the feedback.

RavYak
04-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Wear light breathable long pants and long sleeve shirt and a hat and use sunscreen on any extremities. Drink lots of water(not beer) and you will be fine although maybe uncomfortable until you adjust to the higher temperatures/humidity.

If you are thinking about using a kayak down there let me know as there is a great online community of guys that can show you the basics.

binnzer32
04-27-2014, 02:59 PM
QUOTE=trigger7mm;2417567]Thinking of going out for a day with a guide (Tenacity Guide Service)then fishing on my own for there on. I'm a bit concerned about the heat at that time of year. Early July. Thanks for the feedback.[/QUOTE]

I would go with these guys for a tarpon/ goliath grouper trip... capt Ben Chancey. Chew on this charters.

RavYak
04-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Have you actually gone with Ben? I thought about it because it seems like he really knows his stuff but his prices aren't cheap. Had quotes from other guys for almost half the price(Goliath Grouper fishing). I ended up just sticking to the kayak fishing though since it cost me nothing.

binnzer32
04-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Have you actually gone with Ben? I thought about it because it seems like he really knows his stuff but his prices aren't cheap. Had quotes from other guys for almost half the price(Goliath Grouper fishing). I ended up just sticking to the kayak fishing tough since it cost me nothing.

I know one of his guides Nelson. No ib haven't gone with them, but from my research they are the best for goliath. Lots of good guys for tarpon along the beaches I would think. . The goliaths are easy just go to boca grande old pier or the sanibel causeway its the damn gear
That's sooo expensive... I had what I thought was good enough gear get ruined... just throw a ladyfish down or full mullet or catfish or Ray and get ready.