PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel lake, bc questions

mike780
04-27-2014, 09:17 PM
hey everyone,
me and the wife are planning a trip to quesnel lake in june.
Just looking for some tips or what worked well for you... i will be fishing from a boat. We will be there for 4 days and its a huge lake so any help would be great.

Thanks, Mike

mike780
04-27-2014, 09:18 PM
And do you need a down rigger to fish this lake?

Moefoe
04-28-2014, 12:44 AM
Fished there 12 years ago...this lake is amazing! We for the most part fished the tributaries that dumped into the lake and there's tones of them. Fly fished them first with sink lines then deep diving crankbaits and rattlin raps! Huge line screaming Rainbows, Bulls and the odd small Laker...lots of fish with little pressure, at least back then!

sureshot
04-28-2014, 01:03 AM
I used to fish it daily. All we used were the apex lures. We never used a down rigger.

mike780
04-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the great info!

J D
04-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Fished there 12 years ago...this lake is amazing! We for the most part fished the tributaries that dumped into the lake and there's tones of them. Fly fished them first with sink lines then deep diving crankbaits and rattlin raps! Huge line screaming Rainbows, Bulls and the odd small Laker...lots of fish with little pressure, at least back then!

^^ this is an effective method and yes the fish are big. I like the north arm tribs

Add some big spinners and spoons to the list.

Downrigger and trolling works good as well but it is not my style of fishing

mike780
06-03-2014, 06:28 PM
^^ this is an effective method and yes the fish are big. I like the north arm tribs

Add some big spinners and spoons to the list.

Downrigger and trolling works good as well but it is not my style of fishing

Is it worth bringing my minn kota? or should i just leave it behind.... sounds like ill be doing lots of trolling.

J D
06-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Is it worth bringing my minn kota? or should i just leave it behind.... sounds like ill be doing lots of trolling.

That lake can get really windy so some days the minn kota would be useless when this happens.

What size of boat are you using?

This lake is one that should be respected. Because of the mountains and the long narrow arms of this lake it can really blow up on windy days.

Personally I would work the tribs over covering ground trolling in my opinion you will see better results.

If you would like I could give you a detailed PM on fishing this lake