PDA

View Full Version : Bow access post flood?

Iwantsfish
04-28-2014, 09:19 AM
So I've been to policeman flats a couple times now to practice my casting, and I was wondering if there are any further downstream public access points to try for a change of scenery?

I was excited about checking out Wyndham Park by the wier but that area is closed and I called one of the Lethbridge COs in that juristiction a few minutes ago and he said that area is gated off and out of commision for post flood rehab until 2015.

Has anyone been to other areas in between the flats and the weir on either the north or south side that i can drive a sedan to and wade around? Is McKinnon accessible? Feel free to PM me, thanks in advance!

kevinhits
04-28-2014, 09:49 AM
I believe HWY 24 bridge (East side is open) but yeah, from the weir to the bridge is closed. Access to Johnsons island is closed as well...Not sure about Mckinnon though...

SCHOOCH
04-28-2014, 10:53 AM
If you hit McKinnon make sure you take your 4x4.....my buddy was there the other day and said the mud was really nasty.

Iwantsfish
04-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys, I don't have a 4x4 hence my question about access with a sedan. Looks like I'll have to check it out and be careful, might have to get a vehicle that can support my hobby a little better ha ha.

Also, hwy 24 seems to be downstream of the weir and not open for fishing yet so I'm out of luck there for now. Looks like I'm in for a driving trip to check out the mud and if that's a no go i'll explore a bit further. If you can cross the Hwy 24 bridge then I might do a loop and end up at Policeman's anyway.

potatogun
04-28-2014, 12:03 PM
carsland park and the road down will be closed for reconstruction for 2014.

dopemop
04-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah Highway 24 bridge area is fine.