PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live near Winchall Lake?

nicemustang
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
If you do or go by there, let me know by PM when it freezes over. Thx.

nicemustang
11-14-2008, 08:48 AM
I know it's a long shot, but it's still worth the bump. Ice must be coming soon there...

AlbertaAngler
12-10-2008, 07:22 AM
The ice is in just in case you were still wondering. We fished there on Saturday, talked to fellow that said he had been fishing there two weeks earlier.

skain11
12-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Care to share any results? was thinking of heading to Spray on Friday but now have an afternoon funeral to attend therefore Winchell may be mroe feasible...tks....sk

AlbertaAngler
12-11-2008, 08:40 AM
We caught a few rainbows all 10" to 12". Although we had a late start and missed the morning bite. The fellow next to us caught five in about two hours, he said that the bite seemed to be slowing down compared to when he started a couple weeks ago. All in all it was a fun day, I was testing out my new underwater camera and spent more time fiddling with it than actually fishing.

nicemustang
12-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I was out two weeks ago as well to check it out. then it was 4" ice. fishing was really slow then. we didn't catch anything (hardly a bit) but we were there late in the afternoon. One other angler caught some little ones. Might try again Saturday morning, or check out Chain or Dickson.

AlbertaAngler
12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Bring your woolies for Saturday! We're going tree hunting otherwise I'd probably be there too.

skain11
12-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Looks like we will give it a go tomorrow, was thinking late morning but weather and bite forecast indicates we should get there ealier. I am assuming the usual rainbow menu....shrimp, power bait, velveeta?...

MountainTi
12-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Seem to be biting best about 9-10 in AM and 4-5 in PM. Worms on Russian hooks have been working the best for me, power bait second choice.

AlbertaAngler
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Worms seemed to work the best for us as well. Although one of the ones I cleaned had 15 pieces of corn in his guts.

skain11
12-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the info gents, I don't use the corn due to the digestive issue. Actually I havn't hard water fished in a few years but after fly fishing the bow all summer I have an urge to put a couple of panfried rainbows in my own digestive system...and run the dogs...will post results on this thread....sk

skain11
12-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Got out on Winchell today from 10-1, it was slow with only 1 rainbow put on the ice and only a few hits. Started snowing when we arrived and just got heavier. Temp was good, great little lake, No one else there, next time we will start earlier , also forgot our chairs,,,now that's how to deal with a christmas party hangover, stand over a hole in a blizzard for 3 hours...lol....sk

nicemustang
12-12-2008, 07:15 PM
I think since it took so long to freeze over and fishing was so good there in the summer/fall, there might not be much left. Fishing usually slows after xmas there, but a little early this year.

Not sure what to do....roads are crappy and don't know where to go.