PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Resevoir Ice - Almost out

BassDude
04-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Took a ride to Ghost last night - Ice is out on the West end, and looks ready to rot out on the main lake and north of the bridge. My guess is its clear by Saturday. Any ice remaining is black and rotted - just need some heat and a big wind to crack her up so we can all jump in and get skunked by the mighty ghost!! Drove up to the church and took the dog for a walk - saw a bunch of prairie crocus all over the place. Ice is gone around the church all the way east to the west side of the fingers. Should be good for a test drive this weekend.

TROLLER
04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Took a ride to Ghost last night - Ice is out on the West end, and looks ready to rot out on the main lake and north of the bridge. My guess is its clear by Saturday. Any ice remaining is black and rotted - just need some heat and a big wind to crack her up so we can all jump in and get skunked by the mighty ghost!! Drove up to the church and took the dog for a walk - saw a bunch of prairie crocus all over the place. Ice is gone around the church all the way east to the west side of the fingers. Should be good for a test drive this weekend.

Thanks for the update you just saved me a drive out. Guess I'll have to get out and be one of the first to get somewhat frustrated by the Ghost.

But I have caught a few nice browns done at the west end so am hoping a few more might just be hanging around yet.

I won't tell how many hours were spend to catch a few but as we all know it was more than a couple :sHa_sarcasticlol:

dryrush
04-30-2014, 02:41 PM
Looks like I know what Sunday brings me,
Cheers thanks for the update

Kokanee9
04-30-2014, 04:01 PM
The main body of water on ghost is still frozen and will be for another 1.5, maybe 2 weeks. A couple spots along shore have started to open but they only extend 2-6 ft from shore and maybe 100 ft of shoreline.

Above Canmore to the park boundary is looking awesome. Haven't seen any bears in that area yet this spring. A few Elk and thats about it.

Gap lake has also been wide open for about 1.5 weeks now.

sickfast
04-30-2014, 04:28 PM
:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::s Ha_shakeshout:

BGSH
04-30-2014, 05:09 PM
:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::s Ha_shakeshout:

:love0025::love0025: