PDA

View Full Version : Coyote selling

Bassett
10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
hello just wondering if i am to shoot a yote and its got NO fleas and a decent pelt where can i just bring in the whole coyote without doing anything to them or just bring in the pelt with no strech,tan,or the flesh off the hide?

is there anywhere that will buy the whole coyote? ive recently been to halfordes hides and they no longer buy the whole coyote you have to do everything to it and they will ship it to an auction and sell it for you but i just want to bring in a whole coyote.

any feed back is greatly appreciated:D

Thanks, Bass.:)

P.S- not sure on which discussion so ill post it here and hunter diss.

mountainman elkohalic
10-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Depending on the area there are people that will still buy whole coyotes but you'll never find a coyote with no fleas.

Leverboy
10-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Halford Hides in Edm. used to take in whole yotes.

coldredneck
11-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Hutteright colony's usually will take em whole

Trophy Hunter
11-01-2008, 09:20 PM
There is a guy in Big Valley that buy's whole coyotes...PM me and I can give you name and Number..

Or just find some one to skin them and sell them directly...
We used to get 120 plus a year skinned and stretched them out self and sold them to who ever payed the most... There is Bellcore and Slotcore both out of Edmonton which if you have enough will come to your house and place a bid on them... I'm not sure how many you need...
We kept them till Febuary or so then had some guys come out..

KI-UTE
11-03-2008, 07:44 AM
All coyotes in Alberta have fleas, so you might want to find a different hobby, try knitting or petti-point.

If you blow big holes in them with large calibre rifles over .244, then just leave them lay, the fur market don't want them. $5.00 to $10.00 skinned and stretched in the auction for bad damage coyotes.

mwipf
11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
All coyotes in Alberta have fleas, so you might want to find a different hobby, try knitting or petti-point.

If you blow big holes in them with large calibre rifles over .244, then just leave them lay, the fur market don't want them. $5.00 to $10.00 skinned and stretched in the auction for bad damage coyotes.

Aah Come on. Then you haven't seen a pro skinner at work. have had coyotes blown half a part and still got $45.00. Number one skinner in Alberta lives just outside of Edmonton. You should have seen him at the Trade Shows that A.T.A puts on. Last one was in Grande Prairie on June 2008. Fish and Wildlife pay him to do demos. Just awsome, second best is me. If I could post pic I would show you.:tongue2:

mwipf
11-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Hutteright colony's usually will take em whole
Only if they have buyers license. Will custom skin, don't need a license to custom skin, just records.:innocent:

mwipf
11-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Aah Come on. Then you haven't seen a pro skinner at work. have had coyotes blown half a part and still got $45.00. Number one skinner in Alberta lives just outside of Edmonton. You should have seen him at the Trade Shows that A.T.A puts on. Last one was in Grande Prairie on June 2008. Fish and Wildlife pay him to do demos. Just awsome, second best is me. If I could post pic I would show you.:tongue2:
PM for more pictures

sourdough doug
11-29-2008, 10:40 PM
That's not what Jackie tells me and I know him better than I know you, so for the time being , I'll have to believe him... :lol::lol:
Correction: Sorry, I thought you said, you were better than Jackie. He is as you say, very good and does an excellent job of sewing too..

mwipf
11-29-2008, 11:09 PM
That's not what Jackie tells me and I know him better than I know you, so for the time being , I'll have to believe him... :lol::lol:
Correction: Sorry, I thought you said, you were better than Jackie. He is as you say, very good and does an excellent job of sewing too..

So you know him too. But I know him better than you do.:tongue2::cry:
Got a pic of him. Check out my profile,album
Maybe I know you too.

25-06rem.model700
11-30-2008, 06:04 PM
alot of people think you need 22-250 or .223 to geth good prices for your fur its all about the bullet. In the seventies my dad used to hunt coyote like crazy and he used his 7mm rem mag with 154 spire points and he said about a 1.5 inch exit whole. And with many more bullets now almost every caliber can be pretty fur friendly. I ise my 25-06 with 75 vmax and it doesn't even exit

THEB
12-01-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm sorry to say but Fish & Wildlife doesn't pay Jackie to do demo's at ATA conventions.

bull9898
12-01-2008, 08:06 AM
halford hides in edmonton used to buy whole frozen coyotes maybe they still do call them and ask.