PDA

View Full Version : RAP program fail

Kyle
04-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Saw a guy fishing a closed water this afternoon, called into RAP to report it and I was told that they did not have anyone in the area to look further into it. This was within 20 mins of Calgary.

I still don't even know what to think of this...:sign0176:

fish99
04-30-2014, 07:04 PM
that's one of the reasons some of the lake are catch and release and only open during day light.

Kyle
04-30-2014, 07:37 PM
that's one of the reasons some of the lake are catch and release and only open during day light.

Because there are no fish cops to patrol or respond to calls they have made the regs more strict to make up for it?
Newsflash poachers don't care about regs.

WayneChristie
04-30-2014, 07:42 PM
go all BGSH on him, beat him up and throw his gear in the river :fighting0030:
or take pics, him and his vehicle and plate and report it. they can follow up later

RavYak
04-30-2014, 11:46 PM
There were a couple poachers on a trout lake up here. I called them in and gave directions on where to find their gear but the CO's didn't follow up on my instructions and never found their gear. Guess I should have taken it/thrown it in the lake instead of just reporting it.

Lornce
05-01-2014, 06:39 AM
Unfortunately they are terribly overstaffed. Out of the 15 reports I did last year only 9 where responded to. Mind you I did make a nic pice of money for the convictions that did happen.

H380
05-01-2014, 06:55 AM
go all BGSH on him, beat him up and throw his gear in the river :fighting0030:
or take pics, him and his vehicle and plate and report it. they can follow up later

I know CO's are terribly overworked and understaffed Wayne ,so I did what you said about the photos when I ran across closed water fisherman . They had parked their boat and trailer next to the 4x8 sign telling of the closure , so I took photo of it , their licence and them on the lake ,submitted it and never heard back from F&W. Doubt anything was done , cause they were back a week later .:angry3: