PDA

View Full Version : Just couldn't wait

YeeHaw
05-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Got home from work yesterday afternoon, and decided to get the boat vacumed out. While doing that my loving gf casualy made a smart arse comment " you spend more time playing with your boat, than you do running it". Well that was it, couldnt take it any more. I told her to move her mustang, im hooking up the boat, were going out. Launched the boat at 50'th st and ran up as far as the high level bridge. The gf was not fond of the idea of being on the river, and would not say a word till we pulled up beside the Edmonton Queen, that got her intrest up. Did not fish much, just a couple casts in a back eddy created by the new bridge construction. Marked some sweet holes, that were holding fish. The deepest one I found was27 feet. Hopfully I'll get out tonight for some serious fishing.:sHa_shakeshout:

Geezle
05-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Great Scott, just great...now I'm going to have to start thinking about throwing my tinner in the river again! :shark:

YeeHaw
05-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Great Scott, just great...now I'm going to have to start thinking about throwing my tinner in the river again! :shark:

Or just help me navigate the area you know.

waterninja
05-02-2014, 08:54 AM
the part i don't believe is that you were actually cleaning out your boat. lol, did you find those 2 tubs of minnows we left in it last sept?
glad to hear your boats running good. weathermen were calling for rain all day today, which means it should be clear and sunny for some fishing.

YeeHaw
05-02-2014, 09:21 AM
If the warden permits, I just might go out tonight. Hint hint.

ptemomo
05-02-2014, 11:14 AM
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but i was wondering how safe is the river for a prop boat? I have a 18' aluminium and would love to try it on the river, just don't want to take out a bottom leg.

Geezle
05-02-2014, 11:21 AM

Hmmmm...:thinking-006:

waterninja
05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but i was wondering how safe is the river for a prop boat? I have a 18' aluminium and would love to try it on the river, just don't want to take out a bottom leg.
you have to be very carefull and learn where the channels are in certain places. iv'e seen a jet boat get hung up on shallows in the middle.

waterninja
05-02-2014, 11:39 AM
just bring home some chocalates for the "warden" and you should be good to go.

YeeHaw
05-02-2014, 12:25 PM

If you are going to try running a prop, make sure you have sonar. I am running a long leg 25, and didnt have an issue, BUT had to lift it up in one area. You have to be darn careful and go slow till you know. Seen an east indian family take their 28ft with a 75 on the river last year, tried warning him, but he refused to listen, needless to say he didn't have a leg on his motor long.