PDA

View Full Version : BIG "shout out" to The Fishin' Hole...

newguy
05-02-2014, 01:12 PM
The staff was awesome in helping me with my sonar/ gps combo. i looked far and wide since february and was getting soooooo frustrated... Kelly really took the time to sort through all the pros and cons of many units and i finally settled on a great unit at a great sale price plus rebate!

many thanks guys!

huntsfurfish
05-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Kelly and Bill are good!:sHa_shakeshout:

Remi3006
05-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Yea, Kelly always does a good job!

WayneChristie
05-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Ive always found the old asian gentleman to be very knowledgable too

Scott N
05-02-2014, 03:22 PM

He seems to really enjoy his job I have to say.

hiddenwalleye
05-02-2014, 04:11 PM
:)..Always liked the Fishing Hole, lot's of Competition for them now, but still go there to buy my bait and some tackle and talk shop with the guy's!!!

:acigar:

HW

the local angler
05-02-2014, 04:24 PM
yeah they are great people especially kelly louise bill and "the asian fellow is" terry.

Esox
05-02-2014, 06:41 PM
I must agree, calgary TFH is great, although I must say the terry guy seems to get distracted easy, it took him an hour once to go in the back and find me something, I think he must have went for a ham sandwhich or something.

waterninja
05-02-2014, 06:48 PM
iv'e always enjoyed shopping at the fishing hole in edm. but since they moved to the west end i don't get down there often.

binnzer32
05-02-2014, 06:55 PM
I am a fairly loyal customer to Edmontons south side location.

wellpastcold
05-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Was in the Edmonton west location today. Brian and the guys are very knowledgable. They always give me great service. Glad they moved out of the mall.

OneGirlWolfPack
05-02-2014, 07:29 PM
I love Terry! He's one of my closest friends and his advice is always spot on. Huge fan of the store too. Wish we had one where I live.

Bound2Fish
05-02-2014, 08:43 PM
So I have to ask, what did you buy and why? Only asking cause I am in the market for one too and dont have too much knowledge on them.

trigger7mm
05-02-2014, 10:09 PM
I have had good experiances at the fishin hole too. Yesterday I was in wholesale sports south, and the service in the fly fishing dept. was brutal. No body at the counter. After about 15 minutes I went to customer service to have someone paged. Some kid who didn't have a clue came in there for a bit then left before I was done. He told me he used to work in a hat store before getting a job at WWS. Went back to customer service to see if anyone could come over and open the changing room door, because I needed to try on a shirt. Took another 15 minutes before anyone could find the key to the door. I wasn't in a hurry, but it was to the point of being ridiculous. I don't think there were any customers in the store but me. Also asked the guy in the fishing dept. if they had any barbless egg hooks, and he looked at me like he had no idea what I was talking about. I explained to him what they were, and he still hasn't sure what he was looking for. It was like I was on Candid Camera or something. What a way to run a business. The fishin hole has always been very good though.

MoFugger21
05-02-2014, 10:34 PM

Naw, he doesn't know anything about fishing

JohninAB
05-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Nice to hear you got good service.

To be honest, I cannot complain about any of the outdoor stores I frequent in Edmonton be it Cabelas, WSS or the Fishing hole. All have treated me well and I appreciate having them all here and the selection that provides. Too bad we lost the Fishing Center as enjoyed going there as well.

Geezle
05-03-2014, 08:10 AM

That's most likely Terry, and yes, he definitely knows his business :)

dodger
05-03-2014, 08:35 AM
The staff was awesome in helping me with my sonar/ gps combo. i looked far and wide since february and was getting soooooo frustrated... Kelly really took the time to sort through all the pros and cons of many units and i finally settled on a great unit at a great sale price plus rebate!

many thanks guys!

Exact same scenario that I had and Kelly helped me. Customer service #1 !!!!

Dodger.

Kim473
05-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Too Bad TFH moved to west edmonton. Was the only store for me. Wish they would open one in the east part of town or even Sherwood park. Now we just have to get together and convince all the fishing stores to open on a Sat and Sunday at 5:00 am for bait and Breakfest. LOL.

spoons
05-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Southside fishin hole is the only place thar gets my money. Tried that place over in the terwilligar area and never again. For fishing knowledge kevin knows his stuff