PDA

View Full Version : conservative government at its best

brohymn2
05-06-2014, 10:12 AM
http://www.timescolonist.com/life/tories-and-dnd-told-to-show-some-compassion-for-soldier-who-attempted-suicide-1.1021745

Scott N
05-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Oh yes, our troops were treated so much better under the Liberal Government.

whammy
05-06-2014, 10:29 AM
The Harper Cons clearly stated that we have no moral obligation to these lazy soldiers. Do you disagree!? Are you a liberal!?

Iron Brew
05-06-2014, 11:02 AM
The Harper Cons clearly stated that we have no moral obligation to these lazy soldiers. Do you disagree!? Are you a liberal!?

I really hope this is dripping sarcasm...

recce43
05-06-2014, 11:05 AM
I went through the good years and lean years in the forces .. not one party in this country has treated vets well.. aleast the pc bought us new equipment

Wiz
05-06-2014, 11:22 AM
aleast the pc bought us new equipment

Here Here!

HunterDave
05-06-2014, 12:04 PM
The immediate response to this story will be an emotional one for people that read it. What I wonder about this Soldier is why the DND did an about face after evaluating him. It sounds to me like his PTSD is not so severe that would exclude him from working or going to school therefore he does not meet special conditions wrt his release. Perhaps the treatment that he received allowed him to function/contribute on a daily bases.

I think that life would be much easier for our disabled Veterans and VAC if they were sure that everyone claiming this type of disability had it at the severity that they claim it is. I'm not saying that the Soldier in the article is a malingerer, I'm just saying that there are those in society, even in the Military, with less integrity and honour that would exaggerate their condition for financial gain.

I'm not sure that I like DND going back on their promise but if they evaluated this Soldier and found that his PTSD is only slight to moderate and not severe as initially thought, it would pose a bit of a dilemma IMO.