PDA

View Full Version : Newer, Easier and Better Method of CPR

Springerman
05-06-2014, 03:00 PM
One never knows when we will see someone collapse suddenly.
This is a newer, easier and better method of CPR.

This short video illustrates the best demonstration and gives the simplest explanation of exactly
what to do if someone near you collapses and is presumably having a heart attack.

Someone you share this video with might save your life!

http://ahsc.arizona.edu/node/730

leeaspell
05-06-2014, 03:16 PM
How does the vacuum draw in air if you don't do head tilt/chin lift?

Ken07AOVette
05-06-2014, 04:06 PM
How does the vacuum draw in air if you don't do head tilt/chin lift?

the point of CPR is to circulate oxygen enriched blood to the brain first and foremost, and like they said in the video if it is an adult that is down they very likely will have enough oxygen in their body that circulates throughout the bloodstream. There will be more air drawn in and c02 expelled naturally, also they said 'most' people are unable to adequately force oxygen into the lungs anyway. When you are in defib you are using only a tiny amount of oxygen anyway, it is more important to circulate the blood than it is to force more air in. They have talked about this system for years, if it is implemented in Canada I will be pleasantly surprised.
It is of course different in the case of choking, stroke, drowning, etc. THIS one is based solely toward heart attack and defib victims.

1899b
05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Also easier if you remove the triple cheesburger from their yap first. This is key....

DiabeticKripple
05-06-2014, 04:11 PM
ill continue to do the 30-2 that i learned in my CPR course.

Ken07AOVette
05-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Also easier if you remove the triple cheesburger from their yap first. This is key....

You don't often have a heart attack while eating, 2 different things. That would be choking to the point of unconsciousness.

1899b
05-06-2014, 04:30 PM
You don't often have a heart attack while eating, 2 different things. That would be choking to the point of unconsciousness.

In all seriousness, if i was by myself last year when a chunk of steak got caught in my wind pipe i would have been done. The heimlich was performed on me and that chunk flew out and easy 15 feet. I was done. CPR and these techniques are so important.....

winmag
05-06-2014, 04:33 PM
20% chance of living if buddy stopped breathing and the heart stops, Cpr will help keep oxygenated blood flow to organs and the brain to help prevent brain death till a AED arrives which will increase the chance of living to 80%, easy to use turn on and follow the verbal prompts... most arenas etc. have them by now... CPR must be done in conjunction with AED :)

DiabeticKripple
05-06-2014, 04:34 PM
In all seriousness, if i was by myself last year when a chunk of steak got caught in my wind pipe i would have been done. The heimlich was performed on me and that chunk flew out and easy 15 feet. I was done. CPR and these techniques are so important.....

if your alone, find a chair or something with an edge on it and throw your stomach on top of it and give yourself the heimlich.

Ken07AOVette
05-06-2014, 04:37 PM

Good save. I hope you bought a lottery ticket after your second chance at life!

Selkirk
05-06-2014, 05:02 PM
:sign0087: ... and good info!

Thanks,

Mac

Bushmaster
05-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Conventional mouth-to-mouth introduces a high percentage of CO2 into the victims lungs, which is not a bad thing. It is the level of CO2 in your lungs that triggers the brain to breathe.

Full Curl Earl
05-06-2014, 06:46 PM
This is already how we do things now under AHS protocols and ACLS, essentially. Not a bad idea to ensure they don't have a pulse, they may possibly have collapsed from faining and not an M.I.