PDA

View Full Version : Close calls- anyone been near the 'next dimension' and brought back?

Ken07AOVette
05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
1899b brought up a good one in another thread, thought it would make for an interesting read to see what others have experienced.

When I was ~13 my cousin saved me from drowning. I had some fight left, but do not know how much. Alone, I would be gone.

When I was 18 I was asleep in the passenger side of my truck while buddy was asleep at the wheel. October 31 1985 04:00. He went off the road right side, hit a huge rock and approach, we flew into a slough upside down. All you could see was the top of the wheels sticking out the next morning. He was thrown clear, I had to find my way out, then break through 2" of ice to get onto the road. He was sitting there completely unharmed but his brain shut down, he thought my ghost walked up the ditch to him. I had to carry him on my shoulder to the closest farm house, could not get him to hardly move. The farmer thought we were the worst dressed halloweener's ever, soaking wet, covered in mud and clearly retarded for being out so late trick or treating. When he saw the blood was real finally it clued in to what was going on.

edit-'we may have done this before, it rings a faint and distant bell. If we have, sorry for my waning memory' :)

BANG
05-06-2014, 05:36 PM
When i was in air cadets we where on a camping trip.one of the guys brought a slingshot and just so happened to find a old aluminum arrow on the ground.field point luckily.
I was eating my cereal out of one of those tiny boxes you cut down the side and fold the flaps back anyways just as i was taking my first bite a arrow richoted off a tree and went through the box into my throat.
Kellogs quite likely saved my life that day.
Wish i had kept that box with the arrow through it.

omega50
05-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Yup-Lets just say I am a big Stars supporter.

pickrel pat
05-06-2014, 06:29 PM
When i was in air cadets we where on a camping trip.one of the guys brought a slingshot and just so happened to find a old aluminum arrow on the ground.field point luckily.
I was eating my cereal out of one of those tiny boxes you cut down the side and fold the flaps back anyways just as i was taking my first bite a arrow richoted off a tree and went through the box into my throat.
Kellogs quite likely saved my life that day.
Wish i had kept that box with the arrow through it.

Yikes!!!

1899b
05-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Yup-Lets just say I am a big Stars supporter.

Absolute heroes for sure.......:)

DiabeticKripple
05-06-2014, 06:59 PM
not me but cousin was shot in the head by a .22lr, bullet passed through his brain and lodged in the back of his head. he lived and is perfectly healthy. bullet is still in there.

mooseknuckle
05-06-2014, 07:08 PM
not me but cousin was shot in the head by a .22lr, bullet passed through his brain and lodged in the back of his head. he lived and is perfectly healthy. bullet is still in there.

Scary stuff! I too was shot in the head by a .22, however it was an air rifle and luckily my hard skull stopped it.

I overdosed a couple times, and had to be revived. But that I look at that as a cowardly selfish way to go so it doesn't count.

About the closest call I ever had was coming back from Calgary on my motorcycle. Funny thing is I've only ever read 2 books in my entire life and that weekend I had read hunter s thompsons "a new comers guide to the after life".
I stopped in red deer for a bite and met an old native gentleman with a very nice motorcycle and he loved mine, we were headed the same way and decided to swap. Labour day weekend, heavy traffic on hwy 2 and my bungy cord snapped and my back got stuck in the rear wheel at 130km per hour. How I kept the bike up right and managed to skid safely to the shoulder I don't know? I may have not have been unconscious or near death I suppose but the visions and thoughts that went through my head were something out of this world.

birdee
05-06-2014, 07:51 PM
living in campbell river on vancouver island took my motorcycle to courtenay for a visit,stayed a little late. Comming back at 2:00 in the morning torquing on it
going 120km/h on a winding road .Came around a corner and saw a couple of deer on the side of the road,started to decilerate but all of a sudden they jumped on the road all i could do was close my eyes figuring i was a gonner.
Opened my eyes and they were gone, i went between them check my bike in the morning and had fur on one of the pegs.

rembo
05-06-2014, 08:00 PM
When I was about 11 or 12 we were skidooing with neighbors. We were too poor to have a skidoo or even a place to park one, but they took us out once in a while. We were riding on a car hood behind one of the machines and we stopped for a break. The oldest brother of the farm family we were with opened the hood on his machine to check something. We all gathered around to see what was up....my scarf got caught in the flywheel and disappeared so fast it left a burn on my neck.....a while earlier I almost asked one of the other guys to tie it for me......if I had it may not have come off so fast....

never forget that.......