PDA

View Full Version : Free reverse phone numbers

silver
05-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Every now and again, I get calls on my cell phone from numbers that I do not recognize. Short of calling them back, I would like to know who has my cell phone number.

If you search Free Reverse Phone Number you get quite a list of places and numbers that supposedly offer this service, but when you input the number, there they are with their hand out.

Can anybody point me towards an outfit that will do this service for free?

Canehdianman
05-07-2014, 01:30 PM
All I do is google the phone number (with area code). Most of the time it comes back with link to a website that tracks calls as spam.

I then add the number to the Mr. Number app I have on my phone and it is permanently blocked thereafter.

benamen
05-07-2014, 01:45 PM
whitepages.ca

Big Red 250
05-07-2014, 02:21 PM
I just did this a couple of days ago. On GOOGLE I typed in "phone number lookup" and it took me to a page where I put the number in. It gave me the city the number was listed in but not the name. Then I knew not to bother with it. Not much help I know.

TrollGRG
05-07-2014, 03:20 PM
www.canada411.ca

Okotokian
05-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Every now and again, I get calls on my cell phone from numbers that I do not recognize. Short of calling them back, I would like to know who has my cell phone number.

If you search Free Reverse Phone Number you get quite a list of places and numbers that supposedly offer this service, but when you input the number, there they are with their hand out.

Can anybody point me towards an outfit that will do this service for free?

1. Just answer the call
2. It's a telemarketer, or "Congratulations!..."
3. So you want to check that number on your wife's cellphone, but you're cheap, eh? ;)

brother1
05-07-2014, 04:27 PM
www.canada411.ca (http://www.canada411.ca)
This is what I use all the time (reverse phone lookup) on that site, but it doesn't work for cell #'s...haven't found a free resource for that yet.

silver
05-07-2014, 06:16 PM
1. Just answer the call
2. It's a telemarketer, or "Congratulations!..."
3. So you want to check that number on your wife's cellphone, but you're cheap, eh? ;)

Can't always answer a phone call, jobsite and all that.

Telemarketers and those looking for a donation make my blood boil.

I haven't seen my wife (ex-wife) in about a dozen years.

Okotokian
05-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Can't always answer a phone call, jobsite and all that.

Telemarketers and those looking for a donation make my blood boil.

I haven't seen my wife (ex-wife) in about a dozen years.

One more possibility:

It's your ex-wife, stalking you. LOL :)

silver
05-08-2014, 05:17 AM
One more possibility:

It's your ex-wife, stalking you. LOL :)

She may be loonier than a shoot house rat but she isn't THAT crazy.

dopemop
05-08-2014, 05:53 AM
any of those silly things call me and ill lead them on and on and on