PDA

View Full Version : Rod and reel

Crossfire
05-07-2014, 02:24 PM
hello looking at some suggestions on rod and reel choices looking at getting a 6wt 80% nymph rigs for rainbow trout i have it fairly narrowed down to 3 reels and a couple rods the reels im considering are 1. Hardy ultralite 2>Redington Rise 3. Galvan torque and rods so far are TFO BVK and greys streamflex any other suggestions in that ball park would help. thanks

boner54
05-07-2014, 02:42 PM
I have fly fished for more years then I can remember. The last 10 or so, I have fallen in love with the St Croiux and their customer service and warrenty at fantastic

crf250xtom
05-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Get a nicer rod like a Loomis pro 4x you will be much happier.

cube
05-07-2014, 02:50 PM
hello looking at some suggestions on rod and reel choices looking at getting a 6wt 80% nymph rigs for rainbow trout i have it fairly narrowed down to 3 reels and a couple rods the reels im considering are 1. Hardy ultralite 2>Redington Rise 3. Galvan torque and rods so far are TFO BVK and greys streamflex any other suggestions in that ball park would help. thanks

Not saying you won't get a good answer here but you might consider posting your question on the fly fishing section as well.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101

Crossfire
05-07-2014, 03:23 PM
oops this was suppose to be on fly fishing but i will take a look at the suggestions thanks

rycoma
05-07-2014, 05:44 PM
I personally don't like the new redington rise as it is a large arbor reel now. I have the original one and it's great I love it. Orvis has the exact model even the spools fit it is tha access mid arbor. Like I said really like it for trout. As for rods check out echo. Great rods at a great price even better warranty.

Flieguy
05-08-2014, 05:26 PM
If it were my choice, Hardy ultralite DD and Greys XF2 or GX50.

Don't rule out a Greys reel either, they're great for the price.

and pick yourself up a good nymph line (aggressive taper) like airflo super-dri Mend, you'll thank me when you're chucking streamers and 2 or 3 nymph rigs.

BPman
05-12-2014, 06:17 PM
BVK all the way - best value for the $$ anywhere.