PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Fort Myers?

trigger7mm
05-07-2014, 06:57 PM
I am going to be flying from Edmonton to Fort Myers, Florida. I never go anywhere, and am not very well versed in air travel. I have a 1 hour lay over in Houston on the way there, and am wondering, is that enough time to get on the connecting flight? Coming home I have a 45 minute layover in Chicago. Is that going to be enough? Thanks very much for your input! Much appreciated.

Mistagin
05-07-2014, 07:56 PM
As long as everything is on time you will have no problems. Just don't waste time getting from gate to gate.

Note that lots of things can unfortunately cause delays in air travel.

I've made connections with as little as 20 minutes!

Sushi
05-07-2014, 08:02 PM
45 minutes in Chicago? You will probably have to hustle and don't be shy about asking staff for help. Americans are very friendly if you tell them you need directions (in my experience).

omega50
05-07-2014, 08:16 PM
No worries. Although I might try to get seating assignments closer to the front of the plane if given the chance. And of course if really tight connection-easier if you only have carry -on luggage.
Both of those airports have been good for me. I would not worry.
I usually pull up a terminal map in advance and check the previous days flights to see what gate and terminal they landed in. No guarantees, but it is often the same

trigger7mm
05-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks guys for the help. I suppose I could ask a stewardess before we land.

RavYak
05-07-2014, 10:34 PM
If you booked these flights as round trip through one provider if you miss your connection due to early flight being late then they will put you on a later flight.

45 mins to 1 hr is plenty as long as things are on time, don't dilly dally though.