PDA

View Full Version : Bearing buddies?

The Copenhagen Kid
05-08-2014, 10:30 AM
I have used them on boat trailers and such before, See them all the time in fact on boat and sled trailers. What is stopping a person from putting them on a 34' RV? Have not looked into it yet, maybe can't get them to fit hubs of that size? Or is it just not advised?

bagwan
05-08-2014, 12:47 PM
They are already in use on many RV.s. Cats meow. Check out other sources like NAPA or even Can tire before RV shops. Go figure, they had them on my trailer and the wheel still had to come off for access. I now have a hub cap with a small plate in it to grease them. I will still pull a couple of wheels a year to make sure the brakes etc and grease is good.

Slash8
05-08-2014, 01:18 PM
I put them on my 30 ft travel trailer and have had no issued with them. I picked them up at Princess Auto. Cant remember the exact cost but they were cheap. I grease my trailer twice a year. I used a hole saw to cut out the caps to expose the grease nipple so the tires don't have to come off. Sure beats pulling the bearing assembly and packing by hand. They get a steady supply on a constant basis. I installed them on my boat trailer and quad trailer as well.

Hunter Trav
05-08-2014, 04:38 PM
If you need a large set I have a set that I ordered by mistake that I'd gladly let you have for a good price. Ordered the size for the inner hub race not the outer, WAY bigger than the ones I needed. Figure out what you need and let me know and we'll see if have what your needing...:cool:

curtz
05-08-2014, 08:06 PM
My 33 ft 5-wheel has them, 16 inch tires, ( all good ).