PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Edmonton May 30-June4th visiting

ceci
05-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Hi,

I will be visiting a friend in Edmonton (I live in Ottawa) from May 30-June 4th and would LOVE to meet someone who would be willing to take me fishing for a few hours on the North Saskatchewan River. I love urban fishing and frequently fish behind Parliament Hill in Ottawa on the Ottawa River.

I'm not the most experienced but I am a lot of fun and very interested in fishing. I'm a 32 year old female.

Any potential takers?

Emily

diamonddave
05-08-2014, 04:21 PM
:party0052:
LOL!! Make sure you pm box is empty!!

And I mean that nicely, you will have lots of accomodating guys on here responding to you!!:)

ctown
05-08-2014, 06:40 PM
If you don't end up finding anyone toss a line in the river at hermitage park north east end of park in off leash dog area look for the outfall. minnows, worms or jigs easy to find fun to fish. good luck.

Don't anyone give me crap for this passing of info. hermitage is not a secret

Red Bullets
05-08-2014, 10:42 PM
If you don't end up finding anyone toss a line in the river at hermitage park north east end of park in off leash dog area look for the outfall. minnows, worms or jigs easy to find fun to fish. good luck.

Don't anyone give me crap for this passing of info. hermitage is not a secret

You got that right. The other day there, an afternoon of only 4 anglers including myself, and as I was leaving there were 2 groups of 3 and 2 single anglers coming to the spot. I suspect Hermitage looks like the fishermen in this picture at the end of May.
------------------------

Red Bullets
05-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Ceci,

There should be great fishing last part of may/early june along alot of spots on the river. There are many spots you could take a cab to and from where you wouldn't have to walk more than 2 minutes to the river. A fair spot even within sight of the parliment buildings in Edmonton too.

I'm sure you will get lots of PMs to take you out fishing and you can also PM me if you need shore fishing suggestions, directions or want to borrow a fishing rod and some tackle for a day or two, too. Hopefully, one of the AO member fishermen with a boat and some river knowledge can and will offer you a nice river outing.
Otherwise, shore fishing is allowed 24/7. Lots of areas not so crowded where you can be the only angler for a mile or more. Enjoy.

Red

waterninja
05-08-2014, 11:07 PM
be happy to show you some spots, and have extra gear if you need it. might even get out on the boat with my buddy and i. if you don't mind a small hike can also show you some spots that aren't crowded.

Remi3006
05-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Sorry, when you post for the first time on this site you must include a picture of yourself.... JK Im sure you will have no problem finding someone to take you out.