PDA

View Full Version : High Performance Car Rental Vegas

RedLabel
05-08-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm off to Vegas this weekend for the big 3-Oh and I was thinking of renting a car and taking the wife to see the west rim of the grand canyon. I'm not looking for Bentleys or Lambo's, maybe a BMW 6 series convertible, or Corvette?

Looking for tips and pointers from those who've rented "higher" performance cars in Vegas before.

Austin
05-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Sorry I don't have reference on type of car sounds like fun... BUT, in case you hadn't thought of this, be sure to take the insurance. Most credit card companies do not cover exotics, higher performance or off-road, passenger van type vehicles.

sparky660
05-08-2014, 09:09 PM
We rented a Gran Sport Vette from the Enterprise Exotic car rental. Were great to deal with and offer a free shuttle to the airport. A quick call to inquire about insurance, pay the damage deposit, and you are on your way. We ran out to hoover dam and had a blast. If you rent the white Gran Sport corvette I apologize in advance for the reduced tread wear. http://exoticcars.enterprise.com/lasvegas

Magnet7mm
05-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Rented a vette from the car rental place at the Excalibur a few years back was awesome
Drove up to mount charleston and toured just toured the surrounding are Hoover, valley of fire etc super fun car to drive worked out to about 120 bucks a day + fuel they gave us a super deal I found out when I looked into costs at other places
Was neat to leave Vegas and +25 and get into snow at the top of the mountain in less than 1/2 hr

omega50
05-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Maybe it has changed-But my last trip to the West Rim on the reserve was almost a 4X4 trail in through red sand for about 20 miles.
Might want to check if the road is still under construction before you take a performance car in there.
I rented a small SUV. Was no issue-

go-big-or-go-home
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Road to west rim was still under construction when i was there couple months ago. I had the v8 camaro on the gravel to get there, nredless to say the ebrake got a good work out ..... lol. But i seen couple actuall "exotics" on there so you should be alright

RedLabel
05-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Well, I just got back and had a blast driving out the West Rim in the new 2014 Corvette Stingray. You guys were right about the gravel construction but it should be completely paved in 6 weeks for those heading down.

I forgot to mention, I went through HERTZ car rental. I'd recommend them after my exp, especially when they didn't measure tread depth upon return

omega50
05-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Well, I just got back and had a blast driving out the West Rim in the new 2014 Corvette Stingray. You guys were right about the gravel construction but it should be completely paved in 6 weeks for those heading down.

I forgot to mention, I went through HERTZ car rental. I'd recommend them after my exp, especially when they didn't measure tread depth upon return
Sounds like a great trip.
I just checked my pics and my last trip to the West Rim was in late October 2008. At that time the road was like driving through a strip mine.That was a long construction project. Glad they now are only 6 weeks from completion.:)

Canadiandiesel
05-15-2014, 12:17 PM
You should of told me you went through hertz I would of gotten you a better deal

Popik
05-15-2014, 06:28 PM
What kind of rates for a car like that? heading down there with the miss middle of next week and thinking a day or two in a Vette would be a plus as we don't gamble

RedLabel
05-15-2014, 11:03 PM
What kind of rates for a car like that? heading down there with the miss middle of next week and thinking a day or two in a Vette would be a plus as we don't gamble

It will depend on the miles you intend to drive as anything over 100 m/ day is .79 per mile.

Ballpark north of $500 after you include the insurance,, fees etc if you don't go over the miles.

Request the silver and black one. I was only 2nd rental on this Car. It had 100 miles on the Od when I got it and 430 when I returned it.

$$$ well spent if you figure 5 laps around a track in any high perf car runs $400 +