PDA

View Full Version : Do we still need to registar newly purchased long guns after this last election

goose
10-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi all, just curious if we have to still have to registar long guns as I have my eye on one that I want to buy and I don't know if we still have to registar them or not after the election.

thanks
Goose

Eyeswideshut
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Umm,.. all guns I have bought in the past couple years have been registered at time of purchase,.. or so I have thought. Thats why you get that nice little registration card in the mail.

Bushmaster
10-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes....

John Spartan
10-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes. Unless the federales terminate the gun registry, you are still legally obliged to register new long guns.

BC7stw
10-29-2008, 07:31 AM
We all hope they will get rid of this costly and ineffective means of keeping track of all of the law abiding, gun toting peasants in the country. Regardless of what they say they will do, they are politicians. What they say they will do and what they actually get around to doing are two entirely different things. We have another minority gov. so I think we are fubar. I'm not that confident they'd actually get rid of it even if they had a enough seats to vote it out.

jimbos1
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
just purchased shotgun for protection while elk hunting 3 wks ago.wholesale sports sent in all info have registration here already (was here in 2 wks) didnt think government could move that fast. lol

Eyeswideshut
10-29-2008, 05:21 PM
just purchased shotgun for protection while elk hunting 3 wks ago.wholesale sports sent in all info have registration here already (was here in 2 wks) didnt think government could move that fast. lol

Ya that's what I was thinking,.. the last 2 rifles I bought everything was done at time of purchase and you receive all papers and your specific gun card as well a short while later in the mail.