PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Whitecourt

troutbug
05-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Hey everyone,

I possibly have an opportunity in Whitecourt. I have stayed in town a few times and have a rough idea of what the town and area is like. I have 2 kids and am wondering what Whitecourt has for sports, how are the schools? I know finding a rental is a challenge but I would have a while. Just want to know more about the smaller things. Anyone raised their kids there?

This company is aware of my back injury, it is getting better and they are aware and still want to go through with the interviews. Im on interview 2 out of 3.

Nothing is obviously set in stone, might not even get the job, but would like to know about the area
any information and opinions appreciated

thanks,

Troutbug

leeaspell
05-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Rental a challenge is putting ot lightly. It's pretty much a blood bath over a bachelor pad.

I don't have kids, but I have family here who do. They really like it, they gp to Catholic schools.

If you're into gold panning om always looking for a partner to help me out on my 1000oz goal lol

troutbug
05-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Rental a challenge is putting ot lightly. It's pretty much a blood bath over a bachelor pad.

I don't have kids, but I have family here who do. They really like it, they gp to Catholic schools.

If you're into gold panning om always looking for a partner to help me out on my 1000oz goal lol

Well guess wed be panning unti our last day on earth if thats the goal LOL

Its a pretty good opportunity if I could get it, time will tell

troutbug
05-09-2014, 04:10 PM
anyone else?

Eye'ee
05-09-2014, 06:04 PM
I've lived here for 14 years. I really like the town. I have raised two kids here with my wife. Depends on the age of your kids and what sports they like. My kids always found (still find ) lots to do and participate in. We have a great leisure center for a town of this size. The Allan and jean Millar center. We make good use of it. School sports are good also it seems, whether it is the public or catholic school system.
The area around is awesome for all outdoor activities. All seasons too. We particularly enjoy the sledding and the rivers.
We live on an acreage just out of town and really enjoy it.
Best of luck with your interviews!