PDA

View Full Version : Where can you shoot clay's

munki63
05-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Just wondering where we are allowed to shoot?

Does anybody know the rule on this? Or if you can hunt it means you can shoot?

http://www.albertaparks.ca/albertapa...ral-areas.aspx

Scott N
05-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Just wondering where we are allowed to shoot?

Does anybody know the rule on this? Or if you can hunt it means you can shoot?

http://www.albertaparks.ca/albertapa...ral-areas.aspx

Your specific link doesn't work, but provincial parks are usually a no-go for target shooting.

Sneeze
05-09-2014, 12:20 PM
In my opinion, public land is a no-go for clay shooting. There are no specific laws against it except your normal rules around discharging a firearm. A grumpy RCMP officer may decide to pin you for littering but that's just speculation on my part.

Lots of great sporting clays, trap and skeet facilities in Alberta. Most of them sell target ammunition and clays cheaper than you can buy it at the sporting goods store.

I appreciate that most clays biodegrade in about 1 season - but that's one season where other outdoorsmen has to deal with the orange fragmented blight.

Also, most non-shooters do not realize the clays disappear with time. When the general public sees the mess you leave behind it reflects very poorly on other sport shooters.

Check out the Lethbridge range - they have weekly sporting clays as well as a competition coming up at the end of the month.

This weekend the Radium range is putting on the Elmur Fudd shoot. Cheap entry and more rabbits to blast than you can imagine.

munki63
05-09-2014, 12:30 PM
http://www.albertaparks.ca/albertaparksca/visit-our-parks/activities/hunting/hunting-in-natural-areas.aspx

this is the link sorry

pikergolf
05-09-2014, 01:28 PM
In my opinion, public land is a no-go for clay shooting. There are no specific laws against it except your normal rules around discharging a firearm. A grumpy RCMP officer may decide to pin you for littering but that's just speculation on my part.

Lots of great sporting clays, trap and skeet facilities in Alberta. Most of them sell target ammunition and clays cheaper than you can buy it at the sporting goods store.

I appreciate that most clays biodegrade in about 1 season - but that's one season where other outdoorsmen has to deal with the orange fragmented blight.

Also, most non-shooters do not realize the clays disappear with time. When the general public sees the mess you leave behind it reflects very poorly on other sport shooters.

Check out the Lethbridge range - they have weekly sporting clays as well as a competition coming up at the end of the month.

This weekend the Radium range is putting on the Elmur Fudd shoot. Cheap entry and more rabbits to blast than you can imagine.

Have to agree with all of this. It is amazing how cheap it is to shoot at a club. Call your local club for timings for drop in shooting.

Gifted Intuitive
05-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Visit www.shootalberta.com