PDA

View Full Version : Honda ridgeline

South west trappin RG
05-10-2014, 05:42 AM
My wife is looking for a new vehicle and she mentioned the ridgeline. Any thoughts on gas mileage and has anyone had any major mechanical issues.

TikkaT3-7mm
05-10-2014, 06:15 AM
I have owned my Honda Ridgeline since 2008(bought new) and it has been great mechanically for me. I have always done the regular maintenance and treated it well. It isn't a great trailer pulling truck though(I disagree with the 5000lbs rating), but fuel mileage and versatility are pretty good. If you do 100kms/hr on a calm day you will get the 28mpg....if you do 110kms/hr you are in the 22-24mpg range. I have a habit of calculating mileage after every fill up. I use mine as a "truck"....but a good 1/2 ton should be around for the real work...lol.

My two cents after 6 years if having it...if you don't plan on pulling bigger holiday trailers and stick to two place skidoo trailers or 12-14' enclosed trailers then it is a great unit.

bushhunter
05-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Had a ridgeline for a year, milage was pretty high over 300k but it was horribly unreliable with electrical issues. Gas millage wasn't spectacular, i got anywhere from 12-13L/100k. Keep in mind that it uses the same platform as their minivan, front wheel drive with 4wd up to 30km/h. The 3.5 in them is pretty sluggish downshifting to get up fairly small hills on the highway, and pretty slow to pass.

Traded it in on an f150 with a 5.0 this winter and i couldn't be happier. I am getting 13-14L/100k with the same driving habits, but with may more power and i can tow twice as much, WAY more room in the cab and bed and a lot more comfortable. A lot better options too like bluetooth, backup camera, ect.

The ridge line is outdated and could badly use a refresh. I would look at a half ton or SUV depending on your needs, if you still want a smaller truck chevy has the new colorado coming out next year, could be worth the wait.

Pixel Shooter
05-10-2014, 11:04 AM
I think this poster nailed it. I have had two, nothing but great things to say. Again not for heavy hauling of trailers etc and mileage sux when towing, other than that, awesome vehicle. my latest and still have is a 07 ridgeline bought new, now have 290k on it and I bet 100+k of that on gravel or back roads, zero issues. regular and faithful maintenance on all fluids(synthetic), regular change out on tires. rear brakes lasted 160k and fronts 250k which makes no sense but that's the truth. just had Honda go thru it with a fine tooth comb, paid $20 for sway bar bushings which I put in my self. other than that they could not find nothing and still runs like a top. Best winter handling vehicle I have driven. impossible to loose rear end. When this one dies or I sell it, I will definitely own another. mileage is solid for a truck and just down right dependable.

I have owned my Honda Ridgeline since 2008(bought new) and it has been great mechanically for me. I have always done the regular maintenance and treated it well. It isn't a great trailer pulling truck though(I disagree with the 5000lbs rating), but fuel mileage and versatility are pretty good. If you do 100kms/hr on a calm day you will get the 28mpg....if you do 110kms/hr you are in the 22-24mpg range. I have a habit of calculating mileage after every fill up. I use mine as a "truck"....but a good 1/2 ton should be around for the real work...lol.

My two cents after 6 years if having it...if you don't plan on pulling bigger holiday trailers and stick to two place skidoo trailers or 12-14' enclosed trailers then it is a great unit.