PDA

View Full Version : The Queen Keeps on Giving or is that Taking?

Mb-MBR
05-11-2014, 12:41 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alison-redford-s-extra-security-demands-cost-over-465k-documents-show-1.2638858

Wild&Free
05-11-2014, 01:17 PM
She's giving to the paper and jiffy marker suppliers with those massive documents and redactions.

Twisted Canuck
05-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, if any politico ever needed protection, I guess it would be Redfraud.....Maybe she should have done like the Rolling Stones, and hired some Angels to watch over her. Criminals policing criminals, so to speak.....:scared:

rocpilefsj
05-11-2014, 04:41 PM
I am sure there will be many more "revelations" over the next little while of other ways she flushed money down the toilet. The way she blew money there has got to be more bombs dropping in the future.

rugatika
05-11-2014, 04:44 PM
I can't believe that she thought she had anything to fear from any of her loyal subjects.

rwm1273
05-11-2014, 09:40 PM
How did we get such a crook in power? Didn't her caucus think to speak out about her abuse of power? I know a couple did, but what about the rest?

Perhaps there should be a law passed to encourage the other members of government to speak out about abuse of power and money wastes like this.

jhl
05-11-2014, 10:05 PM
How did we get such a crook in power? Didn't her caucus think to speak out about her abuse of power? I know a couple did, but what about the rest?

Perhaps there should be a law passed to encourage the other members of government to speak out about abuse of power and money wastes like this.

Maybe the rest are just as bad and are trying to hide now.

3blade
05-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Maybe the rest are just as bad and are trying to hide now.

Oh they are, they're calling themselves wild or mild, depending on what flavor of bs they think people will like better. Rats jumping off the sinking ship. The ones that are too fat will go down, but until we start dealing with all vermin in the appropriate manner nothing will change.

Remind me again how all public services are unsustainable? Guess we know why.

How bout we demand that she and her party repay all these expenses, and if not they get disbanded and barred from any access to public funds, for life. That includes all who have colluded with her, regardless of their current affiliation.

elkhunter11
05-12-2014, 05:58 AM
How did we get such a crook in power?

It's simple, many of Alberta's citizens, including several members of this forum, voted her party into power, with her as the leader. I did not vote for her, or her party.

Maybe she should have done like the Rolling Stones, and hired some Angels to watch over her.

Perhaps hire Criss Angel to make her disappear. On second thought, the other Angels could make her disappear permanently.:)

walking buffalo
05-12-2014, 07:18 AM
I know that many missed why I called her the "Red Queen" when she first evolved into our premier. Yes, she is red of soul, and thought herself a queen, but I called her out as a Red Queen from the experiences Alice had to face in Looking Glass Land.

The Red Queen to Alice. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place"

This Redford creature epitomizes the theory that evolution is required for maintaining ones position. The Alberta PC's continue to re-create itself for the sake of being the same.

This latest PC snafu is so far best revealed from the Calgary's Herald's article. This is not just the Red Queen's world, but that of the whole Alberta PC Party.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/politics/Alison+Redford+dissatisfaction+with+sheriffs+cost+ province/9825226/story.html

“Premier complains that EPU members are ‘too close’ and keep ruining her photo ops by appearing in them at her side. EPU is instructed to give her more space,” wrote LeMay, who left Alberta Sheriffs in May 2013."

In early 2012, another sheriff was removed from the team after Redford said the officer wasn’t “compatible with her needs.”

A further entry from 2012 lists “Wurst Restaurant incident” on Aug. 30 — but provided no further detail.

However, within a matter of days, Redford contacted Calgary police about joining her security detail.

“CPS contacts me and advises that premier has contacted chief of CPS and expressed concerns about her security. They advise premier does not have faith in sheriffs to respond appropriately if there is an attack on her life similar to the premier-elect (sic) of Quebec just experienced,” LeMay wrote in an entry dated September 2012.

The entry refers to a shooting that occurred outside a victory rally for then-Quebec premier Pauline Marois in Montreal on Sept. 4, 2012.

Redford’s request touched off meetings between police and government officials.

Meanwhile, incidents with Redford’s security detail continued. A redacted entry from LeMay noted an unspecified incident involving Redford’s preteen daughter and a request for a female sheriff to be assigned to her in October 2012.

A month later, Redford told officials she was “accosted” at an event in Calgary.

“Premier advises she was accosted by a drunk female at an event at the BMO Centre and her security failed to intervene. Security advises they were within 15 feet of her and they did not see the incident,” LeMay noted.

LeMay’s chronology notes that in November 2012, Redford requested the removal of a male sheriff because he was “not compatible” with her needs and the removal of a female sheriff for being “not compatible” for her daughter's needs.

At this point, LeMay noted the departures created a “staffing crunch” that prompted sheriffs to seek assistance from CPS when Redford was in Calgary."

Taco
05-12-2014, 07:31 AM
You girlz still floggin' a dead horse??

Redfrog
05-12-2014, 09:00 AM
You girlz still floggin' a dead horse??

Nope we gonna let it lie in hopes that all is forgiven and forgotten so she can run again in the next provincial race. It will give those losers another chance to bet on the "old Grey Mare"

"How did we get such a crook in power?"

What do you mean 'We', Kemo Sabi ? I didn't vote for her. In fact I was insulted and called nasty names for supporting the Wild Roses.:snapoutofit:

3blade
05-12-2014, 01:38 PM
What do you mean 'We', Kemo Sabi ? I didn't vote for her. In fact I was insulted and called nasty names for supporting the Wild Roses.:snapoutofit:

Cause, you know, they're "NOT" ex pc's :sign0161:

Seems to me, if part of a pile of bovine excrement is moved to the other side of the fence, even if it was the 'smarter' part of the pile, it still smells just as bad.:sign0176:

HyperMOA
05-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Cause, you know, they're "NOT" ex pc's :sign0161:

Why are they ex PC's, is the question though. Is it because their conservative beliefs interfered with the PC party's liberal mandate? Just a thought.