PDA

View Full Version : Britain wants direct access to bank accounts or it threatens to raise taxes

rugatika
05-11-2014, 04:43 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/05/10/Cameron-let-us-into-your-bank-or-well-raise-taxes

Does anyone else think governments are getting too big? or is it just me?

Frankly, I don't think it's any of the governments business where I live, how much I make, who I work for, among many other things.

We are the proverbial frogs in the pot. Just a little here and a little there.

Twisted Canuck
05-11-2014, 04:44 PM
I just got the book 'Tax Me I'm Canadian' (new edition), Taxpayer's Federation was flogging it. Good read, if you can handle your blood pressure going up. Maybe don't read it just after you pay your taxes in April like I did. Anyway, the short answer is, yes, too much government.

Lefty-Canuck
05-11-2014, 04:46 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/05/10/Cameron-let-us-into-your-bank-or-well-raise-taxes

Frankly, I don't think it's any of the governments business where I live, how much I make, who I work for, among many other things.

Umm....they already know all these things....you file income tax right?

LC

rugatika
05-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Umm....they already know all these things....you file income tax right?

LC

Yessss. Point being we are already in the pot and it's on the stove.

Wild&Free
05-11-2014, 04:51 PM
This is where my dislike of liberals comes into play. Though similar tactics and measures have been enacted by the British before. Stamp tax anyone?

elkhunter11
05-11-2014, 04:59 PM
This is the kind of British nonsense that resulted in the formation of the United States Of America, a country much more powerful than Britain.

Wild&Free
05-11-2014, 05:27 PM
This is where my dislike of liberals comes into play. Though similar tactics and measures have been enacted by the British before. Stamp tax anyone?

This is the kind of British nonsense that resulted in the formation of the United States Of America, a country much more powerful than Britain.

Eery that we drew the same conclusion.

Smokey
05-11-2014, 05:53 PM
A good ol' Nigel Farage barrage of venom is in order. Britian's in a mess as is the EU. David Cameron's just trying to figure out how to pay for the EU open borders with all the immigrants coming to put a strain on their services.

David Cameron is supposedly a Conservative??? Obviously a big government overspend Con.

greylynx
05-11-2014, 06:00 PM
A good ol' Nigel Farage barrage of venom is in order. Britian's in a mess as is the EU. David Cameron's just trying to figure out how to pay for the EU open borders with all the immigrants coming to put a strain on their services.

David Cameron is supposedly a Conservative??? Obviously a big government overspend Con.

The same thing is happening in the U.S.

Almost everyone is living on food stamps.

I hope more folks apply for those food stamps in the U.S. That will increase the value of the Canadian dollar.

wolf308
05-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Doesn't surprise me. It's all about control. Really scary stuff actually. The various governments can't let a world wide depression hit so they have to walk a fine line because people would begin to wake up they have to try to keep us happy and docile but modern technology is making their job easier all the time. What I believe.

dantonsen
05-11-2014, 06:32 PM
The same thing is happening in the U.S.

Almost everyone is living on food stamps.

I hope more folks apply for those food stamps in the U.S. That will increase the value of the Canadian dollar.

You would be amazed at the poverty numbers in the usa when you add in food stamps aswell as all the other food assistance avenues.

When you consider americas finance system lives on printed money supplied by governments they arent left with much down there.

Government will always need to know what you are up to, the voluntary system will not work and I doubt people would want to live in a hands of society where they pay for everything without government supplying services.

We would probably still be driving on dirt roads if groups of neighbourhoods had to come up with a way to figure out who pays for paving. Good luck getting a hospital built by people on their own.

Like the ol right wing police state harper government saying goes 'if you don't have anything to hide you shouldn't have anything to worry about' right??

Wild&Free
05-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Governments don't print money, banks do. the rest is within reason.

We would be in better shape if governments created money again, so long as there is a reasonably well educated and informed electorate.

dantonsen
05-11-2014, 06:43 PM

We would be in better shape if governments created money again, so long as there is a reasonably well educated and informed electorate.

I kinda consider the us federal reserve government.... and in canada the government leaves it to banks and/or the candian reserve bank.

marxman
05-11-2014, 06:46 PM

the brits are pathetic and shouldnt be held up as an example of where we are going. governments need the info you dont want to give for taxation and civilized people have had to give up this info for thousands of years in case you didnt hear about it

TBD
05-11-2014, 06:56 PM
remember - when buying something that you can't "write off" pay in cash.

marxman
05-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I kinda consider the us federal reserve government.... and in canada the government leaves it to banks and/or the candian reserve bank.

the fed is the banks

marxman
05-11-2014, 07:00 PM

i thought you were banned

Wild&Free
05-11-2014, 07:29 PM
i thought you were banned

I saw the culling and took a low profile for a while. busy at work and its spring I'm outside more then in front of a screen.

rugatika
05-11-2014, 08:50 PM
the brits are pathetic and shouldnt be held up as an example of where we are going. governments need the info you dont want to give for taxation and civilized people have had to give up this info for thousands of years in case you didnt hear about it

they don't need any of that info for taxation. They need that info like a thief needs to know which house has the best stuff inside. Most people are just conditioned to think they need that info, you've never known any other way.

They only need to know how much I make so they can tax me x dollars more than the other guy.

waterninja
05-11-2014, 10:18 PM
sounds like britain is behind on us in this. revenue canada has had the power to seize anyones bank account for unpaid taxes for a long time. they also know each and every one of any bank accounts you might have.

elkhunter11
05-12-2014, 06:00 AM
sounds like britain is behind on us in this. revenue canada has had the power to seize anyones bank account for unpaid taxes for a long time. they also know each and every one of any bank accounts you might have.

So just how do they know about the offshore accounts that many Canadians have?

walking buffalo
05-12-2014, 07:39 AM
The world is becoming a better place. :thinking-006:

Technology is joining us all together.

Connected, we become one.

Can we expect independence for parts of a whole?

I suspect a cytokine storm is in the works.

TBD
05-12-2014, 07:49 AM

for any cash deposits over 10K ... date / time - personal info - banking info - addy ect ect

Why do you think they were watching bit coin so closely

Canada's banking oligarchs have been in bed with the gov't since their inception and more so after the bank of canada was created .... (where did jim prentice go after his stint as minister of finance with Harper a few years back ? - The CIBC board of directors ! - now this guy wants to run AB )

TBD

PS ... cash and barter as much as you can, they know what the underground economy is worth and with all their salivating and un-funded gov't benefits we're going to see them enact more leg / rules so that they can TAP IN ...

marxman
05-12-2014, 07:59 AM

They give notices then they need a court order which will be just a formality if you dont contest it but some people can afford lawyers. Mostly in effect they can just take it i suppose but isnt it that way everywhere? I take it back about the brits i also called them pathetic in another thread about their tv licences but it seems in canada you dont have to watch tv to pay for the cbc its in your taxes

Redfrog
05-12-2014, 08:49 AM
what a bunch of "nervous Nellies".:thinking-006:

If you aren't doing anything wrong, then what are you scared of eh?:scared0018:

I was in Servus last week. They had a stack of papers that looked like they were printed on an ancient copying maching, then cut apart with scissors. Teller said we had to fill them out. My wife grabbed a couple and started writing. It was a bunch of info, I didn't feel was necessary or pertinent. It was a long ride home while I explained about a guy named Orwell.

Oh yeah, we don't bank there any more.:)

brownbomber
05-12-2014, 09:43 AM
what a bunch of "nervous Nellies".:thinking-006:

If you aren't doing anything wrong, then what are you scared of eh?:scared0018:

I was in Servus last week. They had a stack of papers that looked like they were printed on an ancient copying maching, then cut apart with scissors. Teller said we had to fill them out. My wife grabbed a couple and started writing. It was a bunch of info, I didn't feel was necessary or pertinent. It was a long ride home while I explained about a guy named Orwell.

Oh yeah, we don't bank there any more.:)

Had a big fight with servus about my work info. They said I legally had to provide that info. Well don't you see who pays me? Sir this is serious etc etc. Nope sorry. We need something on file.
What's it to you? Please
Okay
Juarez cartel
Ciduad Juarez, Mexico
555-555-1234
Happy?

Ken07AOVette
05-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Had a big fight with servus about my work info. They said I legally had to provide that info. Well don't you see who pays me? Sir this is serious etc etc. Nope sorry. We need something on file.
What's it to you? Please
Okay
Juarez cartel
Ciduad Juarez, Mexico
555-555-1234
Happy?

HAHA! well done! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

CaberTosser
05-12-2014, 10:25 AM
The thing with that article that doesn't make sense is that the UK government says the law will only allow them to withdraw debts in excess of 1000 UK pounds, but that the account must be left with at least 5000 UK pounds; they way they already tax the citizenry there, no chance in heck does anyone have 5000 pounds in their account :lol:

benamen
05-12-2014, 10:42 AM

Not in the U.S.
The Department of the Treasury is an executive department and the treasury of the United States federal government. It was established by an Act of Congress in 1789 to manage government revenue. The Department is administered by the Secretary of the Treasury, who is a member of the Cabinet. Jack Lew is the current Secretary of the Treasury; he was sworn in on February 28, 2013.

The first Secretary of the Treasury was Alexander Hamilton, who was sworn into office on September 11, 1789. Hamilton was asked by President George Washington to serve after first having asked Robert Morris (who declined, recommending Hamilton instead). Hamilton almost single-handedly worked out the nation's early financial system, and for several years was a major presence in Washington's administration as well. His portrait is on the obverse of the U.S. ten-dollar bill while the Treasury Department building is shown on the reverse.

Besides the Secretary, one of the best-known Treasury officials is the Treasurer of the United States whose signature, along with the Treasury Secretary's, appears on all Federal Reserve notes.

The Treasury prints and mints all paper currency and coins in circulation through the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and the United States Mint. The Department also collects all federal taxes through the Internal Revenue Service, and manages U.S. government debt instruments.

marxman
05-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Not in the U.S.
The Department of the Treasury is an executive department and the treasury of the United States federal government. It was established by an Act of Congress in 1789 to manage government revenue. The Department is administered by the Secretary of the Treasury, who is a member of the Cabinet. Jack Lew is the current Secretary of the Treasury; he was sworn in on February 28, 2013.

The first Secretary of the Treasury was Alexander Hamilton, who was sworn into office on September 11, 1789. Hamilton was asked by President George Washington to serve after first having asked Robert Morris (who declined, recommending Hamilton instead). Hamilton almost single-handedly worked out the nation's early financial system, and for several years was a major presence in Washington's administration as well. His portrait is on the obverse of the U.S. ten-dollar bill while the Treasury Department building is shown on the reverse.

Besides the Secretary, one of the best-known Treasury officials is the Treasurer of the United States whose signature, along with the Treasury Secretary's, appears on all Federal Reserve notes.

The Treasury prints and mints all paper currency and coins in circulation through the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and the United States Mint. The Department also collects all federal taxes through the Internal Revenue Service, and manages U.S. government debt instruments.

most american money is not coins and paper currency and the treasury doesnt decide how much money should be in circulation or interest rates its the fed which is made up of private banks and headed by a govt appointee.