PDA

View Full Version : Adding bow mount trolling motor to Open bow

bowhunter79
05-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Hello,
I've searched around a ton for the last few weeks, I have a bayliner bowrider 175 and want to add a bow mount trolling motor. I've looked at how the other bayliners come from factory with bow mounts and i'm not good enough with fiberglass to make the platform. Can anyone provide some assistance pictures or advice on how to make this a possibility. I'm thinking well nuts and 4 bolts with a piece of plywood overtop to mount the motor. But i'd like something a little nicer anyone have any experience or suggestions.

bobalong
05-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Hello,
I've searched around a ton for the last few weeks, I have a bayliner bowrider 175 and want to add a bow mount trolling motor. I've looked at how the other bayliners come from factory with bow mounts and i'm not good enough with fiberglass to make the platform. Can anyone provide some assistance pictures or advice on how to make this a possibility. I'm thinking well nuts and 4 bolts with a piece of plywood overtop to mount the motor. But i'd like something a little nicer anyone have any experience or suggestions.

I have only seen a couple of custom ones. I talked to one guy and he went to a welding shop and had one made of aluminum. The welder measured things up, designed it, and made it for him.