PDA

View Full Version : Queen bed

slingshot
05-12-2014, 07:25 AM
Who sells the best queen bed for trailers . Something that will last

JB_AOL
05-12-2014, 07:53 AM
Pretty sure your only options are whatever the RV dealership sells, or using a proper queen bed, which will over hang a couple inches.

If your trailer allows the extra space, it is worth changing to a proper queen.

ATF
05-12-2014, 07:57 AM
The are a couple places in Edmonton where you can get a custom foam mattress made like FDY furniture. They make a cover for it and it looks like a regular mattress. You can get it as thick as you want and whatever firmness level you like. We did that on our last trailer and did not regret it.
I actually slept better on it than my king size at home.

calgarygringo
05-12-2014, 08:07 AM
If you want to spend some bucks and get a home style you can get them at Sleep Country. We have them in a available in a couple of models in the Beautyrest line. Make sure you specify and the guys in the stores should be able to direct you to the specific ones they make in that size.

tbiddy
05-12-2014, 08:11 AM
There was a guy just outside of bonnyville going east that sold foam. I had built a bed in my trailer that was between a queen and a king. He cut me whatever size of foam that I wanted. Hundreds of dollars cheaper than what I was getting quoted for the same size and density from Edmonton shops. That was 7 years ago. One if the best sleeps I've had. I can't remember the guys name (was in the yellow pages). Maybe somebody on here knows?

Ken07AOVette
05-12-2014, 09:22 AM
I went to the brick Thursday to do the same thing, bought a $2000 pillow top firm minus the box spring for $600.00 tax in, and they included a mattress pad which is needed for warranty. It was a floor model, been there 1 week.

Futureshop.ca had a great looking bed for $437 shipped to your door. King coil iirc but I think the sale ended saturday.

big bore 09
05-12-2014, 09:12 PM
picked one up saturday for the rv from yvonne furniture in edmonton the mattress is made in edmonton good quality and fair price kept the money at home