PDA

View Full Version : Air soft in city limits

ALBTUFF
05-12-2014, 09:38 AM
So my neighbour's son is going wild with his air soft, shooting at all the birds in the backyard. I'm finding air soft bb's all over my backyard. I have a nesting pair of blue jays in one of my trees and would hate to see these blue jays get shot at. Also I don't want to get hit and if they hit my GSP stuff will it the fan. I would phone the police but don't really want to start a neighbour war. Is there a number I could call so I can remain anonymous? Would would you do in this situation?

recce43
05-12-2014, 09:41 AM
go talk with parents best way to do it

winger7mm
05-12-2014, 09:43 AM
The cops cant disclose who called em in. Afaik or am concerned with if they are not being used in a game or designated area they are the same classification as pellet guns, slingshots or paintball. Just cause they are under 500fps doesnt mean you can run rampant shooting stuff up. Id call em in if it were me

797truck
05-12-2014, 09:44 AM
First step should be talking to your neighbour if you haven't already. Give them the chance to deal with it first, if this doesn't bring any resolve then escalate it. I am sure bylaws would have something to say about this.

recce43
05-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Now days everbody wants to call bylaw or the cops. What ever happened to talking to your neighbour.,

CaberTosser
05-12-2014, 09:49 AM
I'd talk to them, just start off with a soft approach " I have concerns about this that I thought you could help me resolve" rather than " Keep that little miscreant under control"

CanadianPsycho
05-12-2014, 09:52 AM
should be a bylaw prohibiting discharge of airsoft guns and the like within city limits. you could call bylaw if you don't want to go as far as the cops. Or like others have said, talk to the kids parents.

Ken07AOVette
05-12-2014, 10:05 AM
I'd talk to them, just start off with a soft approach " I have concerns about this that I thought you could help me resolve" rather than " Keep that little miscreant under control"

this

huntinstuff
05-12-2014, 11:00 AM
My son has airsoft. One looks like a real rifle, the other looks like an AR.

We talked to the neighbors before he got them. He shoots targets under our deck.

Is he supposed to? No.

Is he doing it in a safe and responsible manner? Yes.

Do the neighbors have an issue? No.

Just a bit of pre-thinking saves a ton of grief.

The parents should have done some work before they bought it.

My fence is solid, 6 ft high and he is not shooting anything but his targets.

But there is a bylaw.

Jimboy
05-12-2014, 11:41 AM
should be a bylaw prohibiting discharge of airsoft guns and the like within city limits. you could call bylaw if you don't want to go as far as the cops. Or like others have said, talk to the kids parents.

Yup lets have more laws .

Selkirk
05-12-2014, 11:43 AM

Agreed ... that ^ would be step #1 :happy0034:

This is one of many reasons we never finished our basement. Among other things, my son has a 35' range down there, where he shoots his pellet guns, air-soft and bow. Developing our basement was the best thing we 'never' did to our house! :lol:

Mac

Sundancefisher
05-12-2014, 11:45 AM
My boy has airsoft guns. I would appreciate it if a neighbour told me he was being irresponsible with it.

I would not appreciate it if bylaw or cops were called.