PDA

View Full Version : Fishing/Camping Cabins

crossfire879
05-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Hey guys,

I am trying to plan a bachelor party for my buddy. He said he would like a bunch of his buddies to just go out to the lake to go camping/fishing and just have a good time. So I thought it would be cool if we could get a cabin(s) and rent some boats because only one friend has his own boat. So is there anywhere that you guys would recommend? The list of guys I have right now is up to 15 but that could change drastically once the time gets closer.
Thanks

Rafter1
05-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Elinor Lake by Lac La Biche has 4 cabins right on the lake. I dont think they rent boats but you could probably get some in Lac La Biche Check out Elinor Lake Resort

fishead
05-14-2014, 01:49 AM
So somewhere in Canada?
Seriously though you might want to put a little more info as to where you are wanting to go or where you are from.

Gord

gnugen
05-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Hey guys,

I am trying to plan a bachelor party for my buddy. He said he would like a bunch of his buddies to just go out to the lake to go camping/fishing and just have a good time. So I thought it would be cool if we could get a cabin(s) and rent some boats because only one friend has his own boat. So is there anywhere that you guys would recommend? The list of guys I have right now is up to 15 but that could change drastically once the time gets closer.
Thanks
Winefred Lake!

You guys will hammer pike and walleye. They have excellent boat/hospitality packages and shore side lunches. Maybe not the best place to get rowdy but the fishing is top-notch.

The Fisherman Guy
05-14-2014, 09:28 AM
World Class Trophy Brook Trout, Fortress Lake.

Kingfisher8
05-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Slave Lake has boat and cabin rentals all over the lake.

Safety D
05-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Fred is definitely not dead !!!!!

crossfire879
05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Sorry I meant to put my location and my ideas of where we want to be but I forgot. I am up in fort mcmurray and I am thinking it would be best to stay central/north alberta but I am open to any opinion.
I have heard lots of people say the fishing at winefred is incredible but unfortunately she is all booked up for our dates in July. I guess thats what we get for putting it off for so long.
I will look into Elinor lake and slave lake.
Thanks

Northern Yaker
05-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Did you check with Winefred outfitters. They have cabins as well. Might not be booked solid and cheaper to launch a boat.

Rabdo
05-14-2014, 02:38 PM
did check out Grist Lake? it's right next to winefred lake. Lake trout and pike fishing