PDA

View Full Version : Clear roofing material

dale7637
05-12-2014, 07:04 PM
I am in need of re sheeting a covered deck. It currently has a clear fiberglass material on it, and I would like to keep it a clear roof.

I ordered aome material from a building centre, and I was less than impressed with how flimsy and weak the material is.

So. Does anyone have a line on where to find a good quality strong clear roofing material? Location doesn't matter, I will get it from anywhere I can find it.

Thanks folks.

Kurt505
05-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Lexan?

dale7637
05-12-2014, 07:29 PM
What about lexan?
Is that something a guy should look into?
Thanks

Kurt505
05-12-2014, 07:49 PM
What about lexan?
Is that something a guy should look into?
Thanks

It's like plexiglass only stronger, doesn't rip or crack.

Rman
05-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Palruf is the stuff!

Home Depot has it.

http://www.palram.com/PALRUF

R.

gooner85
05-12-2014, 07:56 PM
I have some stuff at work that is clear. It is not the strongest stuff. We also have fiber glass roofing. I just redid my covered deck last year with steel. It is way stronger than any plastic. You can order it from any almost any UFA, timber mart in Alberta. ( we mostly deal with UFA ). The name of the company I work for is westform metals. If you pm me where you live I can tell you where to go to order it.

baz
05-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Check out clear polycarbonate sheets, get them from greenhouse supply stores. Way better than what you buy at big box stores. Similar in makeup to Lexan but cheaper and nice material to work with, have done a number of patio/driveway enclosures and had no issues.
Baz

Grizzly Adams
05-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Palruf is the stuff!

Home Depot has it.

http://www.palram.com/PALRUF

R.

And it's affordable, just be sure to seal the seams on low slopes, as recommended.

Grizz

moosemad
05-12-2014, 08:46 PM
You should just go with a tin roofing, easy to install, cheap, no maintenance and lasts forever. Did my deck a couple of years ago, the brown color matches the house and the white on the bottom keeps it nice and bright, also sounds comforting in the rain.