PDA

View Full Version : Drayton Valley

Mailian
05-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Just curious what moving water near drayton I would stand the best chance of catching trout from.... Seems everytime I go down I only get walleyes.

Magnet7mm
05-12-2014, 09:54 PM
Don't know of any rivers/streams with trout in drayton area
Maybe up by the braz mat get some cutthroats but no idea of anywhere else

ineptflux
05-12-2014, 10:58 PM
there's trout in the NSR by DV, they were small tho and going after a body bait that was too big lol.

edit: http://www.albertafishingguide.com/location/water/all/north-saskatchewan-river-downstream-bighorn-dam

Red Bullets
05-12-2014, 11:57 PM
The further upstream you go there will be more trout on the NS river. Otherwise, you are going to have to drive down to the Rocky Mtn. House area. 40 miles. There wuld be some trout out around Brazeau as mentioned too. Or the pembina by lodgepole might have some.

Get Barry Mitchells book called " Alberta's trout highway". It would be the most informative.
You could also try talking to the F&W officers out of Drayton. They might know of a closer stream.

Mailian
05-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the info, I will pick up the trout highway. Could be very helpful for the move next year as well.

Dak1138
05-15-2014, 07:57 AM
I know I will probably get the " go fish it and find out" answer (and I may have to) but has anyone tried fishing Washout or Wolf (Rose)Creek south of Drayton Valley? Info I read says there should be trout, but I am thinking probably not many.
Any info would be nice. Thanks.

ineptflux
05-15-2014, 08:39 AM
You'll never know until you go try it - and sometimes spots that don't look promising can turn out to be quite good lol.

Rikkles Fisher
05-15-2014, 10:09 AM
I know I will probably get the " go fish it and find out" answer (and I may have to) but has anyone tried fishing Washout or Wolf (Rose)Creek south of Drayton Valley? Info I read says there should be trout, but I am thinking probably not many.
Any info would be nice. Thanks.

Many years ago as a kid I'd try fishing at rose creek sometimes when bored I only ever lost one small pike and caught a pike minnow lol other then that just alot of clams lol probably not worth the effort.