PDA

View Full Version : pigeon lake

Artistic Taxidermy
05-13-2014, 12:17 PM
does anybody know if ice is off the lake yet!!:)

cube
05-13-2014, 12:21 PM
does anybody know if ice is off the lake yet!!:)

No it is not. Neither is Gull, Sylvan, Lac La Biche, or Lake Land Prov. Park apparently.

Come on heat and wind. If we can get a bit of wave action going I'm sure it will breakup and disappear quick.

Artistic Taxidermy
05-13-2014, 12:25 PM
No it is not. Neither is Gull, Sylvan, or Lac La Biche, or Lake Land Prov. Park apparently.

Come on heat and wind. If we can get a bit of wave action going I'm sure it will breakup and disappear quick.

thanks for the info

ABoutdoorsMAN
05-16-2014, 02:55 PM
How about now? I've heard some other lakes in that area are open water now. Is Pigeon the same?

cube
05-16-2014, 03:14 PM
How about now? I've heard some other lakes in that area are open water now. Is Pigeon the same?

It opened yesterday in all the wind. I called the PP and they think they might put in the dock tomorrow.

Good Luck

ABoutdoorsMAN
05-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the update... Hopefully they're hungry! :)

RyanS
05-23-2014, 11:22 AM
The ice is off and there is a decent bite on.

cube
05-23-2014, 01:13 PM
The ice is off and there is a decent bite on.

Where did you launch from?

Are the docks in?

R&R@60
05-24-2014, 12:33 AM
would luv to hear as well?

Where did you launch from?

Are the docks in?

EZM
05-24-2014, 02:54 PM
That's why I put in and got A's ...... they all seem to be 50.1cm to about 54cm in the whole lake !!!!!! lol.

had B's a few years ago and had to go through a hundred fish to tag 6 of them (2 guys with tags).

TrophyPikeHunter
05-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to catch class B's at Pigeon instead of class A's? It was frustrating catching so many large fish but having so few in the smaller slot size. I tried downsizing the bait, but that didn't make any difference. The smallest of the Class B's was 47cm, and the other 2 were dead on 50.

But altogether an awesome day, never caught so many fish in a day.

Time...LOTS of time....is how we got our B's at Pigeon

Sideofabarn
05-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Went down to Pigeon today, very quiet from what we could see on the boats, nada between two of us spin casting and tossing flies from shore. First time I've ever fished Pigeon, so I don't know if it's normal.

EZM
05-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Went out today, launched the boat and the lure was in the lake by 8:30 am.

TrophyPikeHunter joined me for some fishing lessons.

Off the Lake 90 minutes later with 4 "A" tags filled with some very nice walleyes as some dark clouds were moving in.

We released a few smaller ( but still over over 50 cm walleyes ).

After all, larger fish, make larger fillets.

Bad news for B and C class tag holders - We did not catch one under 50 cm ......... or even close ...... they were nice chunky fish.

A couple dink pike came in to say hello when we came closer to the shallower edge of the structure we were fishing.

Water was like glass ......

Conservation Officer lady was at the launch doing a survey of how long we were out, how many pike, walleye and roughly what size ....... she indicated we were the fishing champions and I felt the animal magnetism between us ...... but I just brushed her advances off. I am not just eye candy ....

I don't know what she was thinking .....might have been me going shirtless like Thorne. I guess it would be hard for most women to control themselves around me .....

lol.

Anyways ..... was pretty steady at Pigeon - not spectacular ..... but pretty steady.

bobalong
05-25-2014, 05:22 PM

Off the Lake 90 minutes later with 4 "A" tags filled with some very nice walleyes as some dark clouds were moving in.

Bad news for B and C class tag holders - We did not catch one under 50 cm ......... or even close ...... they were nice chunky fish.

A couple dink pike came in to say hello when we came closer to the shallower edge of the structure we were fishing.

Conservation Officer lady was at the launch doing a survey of how long we were out, how many pike, walleye and roughly what size ....... she indicated we were the fishing champions and I felt the animal magnetism between us ...... but I just brushed her advances off. I am not just eye candy ....

I don't know what she was thinking .....might have been me going shirtless like Thorne. I guess it would be hard for most women to control themselves around me .....

lol.

Anyways ..... was pretty steady at Pigeon - not spectacular ..... but pretty steady.

We were out last week, and observed the same thing. The fish that are there seem very healthy, nice color and chunky, but recruitment still appears to be a big problem on Pigeon, with no year classes below about 50cm and very few above 55cm.

Bobby B.
05-25-2014, 08:52 PM

lol.

Try to cut her some slack, afterall, she's still female. I wear a tank top and tight jeans and all those female CO's think it's OK to thrust their urges on me. It's OK if they cut me some slack on fish limits. I have to feed my family so it's a two way street. LOL!

Bobby B.

JimmerAB
05-25-2014, 10:12 PM
We were out yesterday and today. About 1.5 hours fishing yesterday and caught about 30. Out 3 hours today and caught about 50. All caught casting jigs and plastic tails. No bait this weekend. Today especially we could have filled all tag classes. Yesterday the average size was more "A"ish.

Jim

Smokey
05-25-2014, 10:21 PM
I use to get tags, I like Walleye as much as the next guy, but not enough to waste money on Pigeon Walleye. Money better spent at Cosco on Steelhead trout.