PDA

View Full Version : Water well drilling

grant
05-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Can anyone suggest a reputable water well installer in the sundre area? Please PM if you have or know anyone. Thank you

coreya3212
05-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Call rory Wagner. Wild rose water wells. He is out of olds. He drilled my well two years ago. There was a issudow year after the fact, he came out and bleached it. Then brought the rig out, pulled the well completely apart and reinstalled everything in a configuration to solve the issues. No questions asked, no bill and stands behind his work. I can't say enough about this guys service. top shelf.

Red Bullets
05-14-2014, 04:49 PM
I don't know anyone in particular but thought you might like looking at the website. It shows all the existing water wells in Alnerta. If you zoom in it will have a millin dots that you can click on and to find the water well reports. It will give you an idea of how deep the wells are around your place, and what type of materials they drilled through. Just to give a guy a better idea.

http://groundwater.alberta.ca/WaterWells/d/

grant
05-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Thank you. I think I'm looking between 100-150ft. I was told it is $38 a foot. Does that sound right?

Sundancefisher
05-14-2014, 07:52 PM
You need to know if you require a minimum amount. Is it for commercial like farming or home use residential. Also stay out of coal seams. You eventual produce natural gas. Also water quality varies by zone as does rates.

Look where the closest oil and gas well is... Especially to the west. There could be monitoring wells for additional data.

Flatlandliver
05-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Thank you. I think I'm looking between 100-150ft. I was told it is $38 a foot. Does that sound right?

Thats around the going rate. Make sure they guarantee the flow you require. Some guys dont charge for a dry hole but will finish the hole with whatever water they find. Most md's require 5gpm for subdividing.